Updated to the latest server version, problems and errors

Davey's

Davey's

@alucryd

i tried to send you multiple emails but got a bounce back every time

"Your message could not be delivered for more than 4 hour(s)."

So I'll just continue here

I have now installed Emby on Volume 2 (this is an SSD) my backup comes from the version that was installed on volume 1 (1 large volume divided over 4 HDDs)
after installing i performed the backup restore and after remapping changed some folders, it all function normally

However on the day i installed 4.5 i'd also transferred the NAS to VPN, after that i was discovering the new options/functions of 4.5 and had changed some folders in EMBY, when i suddenly discovered that some content was not displayed anymore
But I've only made changes from the library in EMBY so I really have no idea how the "program data" might have changed.

So how to change everything in the old way, so it works smooth again?

You replyed in your mail:

It looks like you changed the program data directory permissions quitea bit, why is that? You shouldn't do that, the program data folder isnot meant to host your library (which I assume is the reason youchanged the permissions), it's just meant for emby's program data, andexposed as a share so it can be easily backed up, reset, and kept whenEmby is uninstalled.

You were probably referring to this

What version were you using prior to that? If coming from 4.4, did you change the embysvr user in any way? And with the new package, did you change the emby user?

yess, I'd make some changes before installing 4.4 again ( i had to reinstall/build up my Synology)

I only created a new user on the NAS as well in EMBY called NACHO, this because during first login on https://emby.media after sign-in I didden't found EMBY 
by creating this user again I was able to find EMBY. But here too my knowledge with emby installation is still quite basic, perhaps it could have been done with the old known login / username :)

19 minutes ago, Davey's said:

@alucryd

i tried to send you multiple emails but got a bounce back every time

"Your message could not be delivered for more than 4 hour(s)."

So I'll just continue here

I have now installed Emby on Volume 2 (this is an SSD) my backup comes from the version that was installed on volume 1 (1 large volume divided over 4 HDDs)
after installing i performed the backup restore and after remapping changed some folders, it all function normally

However on the day i installed 4.5 i'd also transferred the NAS to VPN, after that i was discovering the new options/functions of 4.5 and had changed some folders in EMBY, when i suddenly discovered that some content was not displayed anymore
But I've only made changes from the library in EMBY so I really have no idea how the "program data" might have changed.

So how to change everything in the old way, so it works smooth again?

You replyed in your mail:

It looks like you changed the program data directory permissions quitea bit, why is that? You shouldn't do that, the program data folder isnot meant to host your library (which I assume is the reason youchanged the permissions), it's just meant for emby's program data, andexposed as a share so it can be easily backed up, reset, and kept whenEmby is uninstalled.

You were probably referring to this

What version were you using prior to that? If coming from 4.4, did you change the embysvr user in any way? And with the new package, did you change the emby user?

yess, I'd make some changes before installing 4.4 again ( i had to reinstall/build up my Synology)

I only created a new user on the NAS as well in EMBY called NACHO, this because during first login on https://emby.media after sign-in I didden't found EMBY 
by creating this user again I was able to find EMBY. But here too my knowledge with emby installation is still quite basic, perhaps it could have been done with the old known login / username :)

Hi, can you attach the latest emby server log? Thanks.

alucryd

I did get your emails, but it looks like the arch servers were down for a bit. Have you tried reinstalling the SPK since you made the migration? The install process is supposed to reset permissions at the moment and this might just be enough to solve your issues.

Davey's
14 hours ago, alucryd said:

I did get your emails, but it looks like the arch servers were down for a bit. Have you tried reinstalling the SPK since you made the migration? The install process is supposed to reset permissions at the moment and this might just be enough to solve your issues.

Hi, Yess after Migration the last version before 4.5.0.50 was running perfectly, problems begin by running 4.5.0.50 install that again no luck, install the latest upgrade 4.5.0.1 also without results 

Davey's
On 10/8/2020 at 2:17 PM, Luke said:

Hi, can you attach the latest emby server log? Thanks.

EMBY-Signature.png

Edited by Davey's
old data

Davey's
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Volume1 and volume2 permission issues.

@Luke

Thank you so much for checking the files again. the files have now been checked 3 times in succession

and every 3 times there is a problem with the permissions of volumes on my NAS or inside Emby itself

Happy2play wrote: 

1st time -Permissions issues within Emby installation on all library/library configs.

2nd time -Your install is still having permissions issues.

and now.. -Volume1 and volume2 permission issues.

I have been without a good working Emby server for over 2 weeks now, I would love to know what we can do with it.

Can someone from EMBY-Team assist me by Teamviewer / AnyDesk or other remote client? to solve it in a good way, and to really fix it now?

That would be great! Cheers

Have you checked in the Synology web interface that the emby user has read/write access to /volume2/Emby

?

alucryd

Please try installing the latest beta, and _do not_ change the permissions of the Emby public share, nor use it as a media library. You can give read (and write) access to the emby user to other directories that contain your media files, but please do not tamper with the Emby program data directory in any way after having installed the package.

Davey's
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you checked in the Synology web interface that the emby user has read/write access to /volume2/Emby

?

Luke, can you explain to me how I view or change or set this within DSM / Synology web interface?

Davey's
2 hours ago, alucryd said:

Please try installing the latest beta, and _do not_ change the permissions of the Emby public share, nor use it as a media library. You can give read (and write) access to the emby user to other directories that contain your media files, but please do not tamper with the Emby program data directory in any way after having installed the package.

I got the feeling like you think I've messed with the program data, but seriosly I have never been involved in this directoryI also have no idea how to assign or change the permissionss. Tell me how to do all this please?!

On 10/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, Davey's said:

I got the feeling like you think I've messed with the program data, but seriosly I have never been involved in this directoryI also have no idea how to assign or change the permissionss. Tell me how to do all this please?!

Hi, we believe you. We're still looking into this and trying to chase it down. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Davey's

in the meantime my Emby is still not working, I am disappointed people about the way the support is offered. In the meantime, when selecting the server I have discovered two of the same names, for priv acy reeasons I have called them servero's

2020-10-19 (1).png

Davey's

2020-10-19.thumb.png.f1569d756a0e37385adcc8120a163c56.png

hi,

after trying repeatedly asking for support, I would like to know if an missing image / icon is due to a corrupt database?

2 hours ago, Davey's said:

in the meantime my Emby is still not working, I am disappointed people about the way the support is offered. In the meantime, when selecting the server I have discovered two of the same names, for priv acy reeasons I have called them servero's

2020-10-19 (1).png

That's due to uninstalling then reinstalling. You can simply delete one or both of them and then add it back if needed.

What exactly is still not working at this point?

Davey's

Hi Luuk, Everything discussed in this thread is still not working.As I mentioned before, can you log in remotely to fix my database problems?

Davey's

@Happy2Play

Hello Happy2Play,

I have been experiencing this problem since the upgrade to 4.5.0.50.

I Also have discussed my problem extensively, you can read it already familiar to you under this post;

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/90229-updated-to-the-latest-server-version-problems-and-errors/

I have already sent you the server log 3 times,

the result remains the same,

after upgrade Emby to version 4.5.0.50, I have a corrupt database

but I do not get any REAL support, what do I pay my license for?

Happy2Play

Were all the permissions errors resolved on your Synology?  Since Emby went to a new build package some not all Synology users have had and still do have issue.  Emby is still working through them. 

New topics will require new logs.

Davey's

no response?

My movies library called "Films"won't let me add new folders and thats one of the biggest problems for the last 3-4 weeks now

I found out that when I add (&create) new library in Emby called "movies"  today I can add the same map on my NAS (with movies) add in emby, earlier this was not be able or forbidden 

For now I can say that I can fix the problem of EMBY for somehow, without your support I still found a sort of way just rename all the folders and add a character in the folders name so that emby accepted it

strangeway but it helps, I don't see how all this can be related to the restrictions to my NAS or the settings in DSM

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, Davey's said:

For now I can say that I can fix the problem of EMBY for somehow, without your support I still found a sort of way just rename all the folders and add a character in the folders name so that emby accepted it

If renaming things cause it to work then you have some sort of corruption in said path in your library.db.

Davey's

@Happy2Play Thanks, so how to fix library.db?

for the most artwork it works, but for some files I still miss the plot, I do have the covers but no further information

So it would be nice if my previous settings by unrenaming can be fixed, so I get my emby back the way it works all those years

Hi, for the folders that are having trouble, try running this command:

sudo chown emby:users -R /path/to/directory

So for example, try it on /volume2/Emby

Davey's

@Luke

sorry again but i'm afraid my knowledge of the synology / emby will not be sufficient.

Am I supposed to use SSH / Putty again to get started with sudo commands?

in other words:)

how do I do it / where do I start ?

Thanks already