Updated to the latest server version, problems and errors

Davey's

I updated to mthe latest version 4.5

and cannont read some folders or cannont acces some folders on volume of the nas, if I try to reassign those folders (see attached)

Emby seems to "hang" if I try to appply some settings like libraries of users

The error is in dutch meaning: 

Something went wrong adding the media path. Check whether the path is correct and whether Emby server process can access the path

emby server.png

Hi there, what folder path did you try to add? Can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

Happy2Play

Permissions issues within Emby installation on all library/library configs.

2020-09-24 09:30:30.175 Error BaseItem: Error deserializing /volume2/Emby/root/default/Telefilm/options.xml
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.0.50
	Command line: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume2/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25426 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jul 8 03:21:29 CST 2020
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume2/Emby
	Application path: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Emby/root/default/Telefilm/options.xml' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.OpenRead(String path)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.IO.FileData.GetPathsFromOptionsFile(String path, ILogger logger)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

Currently only seeing issue on this specific folder "/volume2/Emby/root/default/" from log.

I would think this would help reseting permissions.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/89609-23-doesnt-start-on-synology/&tab=comments#comment-920623

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/89609-23-doesnt-start-on-synology/&do=findComment&comment=920671

Edited by Happy2Play

Davey's

I did reinstall Emby 4.5.0.50, 2 times. Also today the upgrade to 4.5.01 but without any results. :(

meanwhile this is a bit complicated for me, because this requires quite a bit of knowledge. When I see the attachments Happy2Play sent. 

I have to do a telnet session or something?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/89609-23-doesnt-start-on-synology/&tab=comments#comment-920623

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/89609-23-doesnt-start-on-synology/&do=findComment&comment=920671

Hi there, I apologize for the delay. We are currently looking into this and hope to have it resolved asap.

@Davey's what would help, since you've installed 4.5.1, would you mind providing the server log from that? Again I apologize for the disruption and I'm hoping we can have a fix in the next day or two. Thanks.

Davey's
15 minutes ago, Davey's said:

Can I get some help please?

I have noticed that the created shares in EMBY are somehow blocked. In contrast, if I create a new library and point to the same folder on the NAS, EMBY can create a new folder without any permission. Than I get my content the way I wanted, but does Emby loss its statistics than ?

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Davey's said:

here are the new logsembyserver.txt

Your install is still having permissions issues.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Emby/config/users/c03ed60fc2c24bd489ad199d4164c66d/poster.jpg' is denied.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Emby/data/playlists/Top 2000 (2016) [playlist]/poster.jpg' is denied.

alucryd

What version were you using prior to that? If coming from 4.4, did you change the embysvr user in any way? And with the new package, did you change the emby user?

Can you SSH into the nas and check who owns /volume2/Emby and what its permissions are (as well as the above directory where you get an access denied?).

alucryd

Also what is the output of the following commands:

sudo synoshare --get Emby
sudo synoshare --list_acl Emby

Davey's

@alucryd   

What version were you using prior to that? If coming from 4.4, did you change the embysvr user in any way? And with the new package, did you change the emby user?

yess, I'd make some changes before installing 4.4 again ( i had to reinstall/build up my Synology)

Can you SSH into the nas and check who owns /volume2/Emby and what its permissions are (as well as the above directory where you get an access denied?).

how can I see this? what should I insert in the command line (I don't have much experience with SSH / Putty and working in a linux environment)

- -

I used PuTTy and have some results, from the below: 

I dont want to share these results in public, can i email those results?

do you have a mailadress for me?

Davey's

@Luke @Happy2Play

some content is still accessible!

just a few examples of the different volumes

(Name in emby - folder on NAS)

Muziek (/volume1/Audio)

Films in hoge kwaliteit (/volume3/Films-HI.RES)

Films- Madieke (/volume2/Films-Maddy)

these are still working, if I edit /or put more content in the folder on the NAS it will be (still) automaticly be "scraped" and added into Emby

unfortunately most of it does'nt work anymore

Happy2Play

I would PM the requested info to alucryd.  Pretty sure once all the permissions are resolved everything will work properly.

alucryd
5 hours ago, Davey's said:

@alucryd   

yess, I'd make some changes before installing 4.4 again ( i had to reinstall/build up my Synology)

how can I see this? what should I insert in the command line (I don't have much experience with SSH / Putty and working in a linux environment)

- -

I used PuTTy and have some results, from the below: 

I dont want to share these results in public, can i email those results?

do you have a mailadress for me?

ls -la /volume2/Emby

should do the trick. You can PM me the results or send them to alucryd@archlinux.org.

Davey's
5 hours ago, alucryd said:

ls -la /volume2/Emby

should do the trick. You can PM me the results or send them to alucryd@archlinux.org.

just send you the pm, thumbs up