TV app - View

abescalamis

abescalamis
22 minutes ago, Luke said:

You mean just listing them horizontally?

Yes, the TV app would benefit from this view because of the size of TV’s.

Edited by abescalamis

So 1 row with possibly thousands of items?

Wouldn't you rather a vertical grid that you could scroll with an info area at top? You need to enable the "Enhanced Home Screen" in the settings. Then you will get "sort of" the same as that screen shot. It won't repeat the box. Why does that screen have the focused box then above in the information area is again that box in almost the same size? It is needlessly repeating information and it could be something else in that spot like a logo, or let more of that backdrop show through or something. Repeating the box is kind of lazy...

Did you just mean that area at top showing titles and what not though? If so after enable the enhanced home screen in settings you also want to turn off "Show Titles" on the grid. Then it will show that information panel at the top.

Edited by speechles

We used to do something very similar to this but it was removed by popular demand.  There is an open request to put an extended info area in the vertical grid though (similar to the library views and enhanced home screen now).

abescalamis
13 hours ago, speechles said:

So 1 row with possibly thousands of items?

Wouldn't you rather a vertical grid that you could scroll with an info area at top? You need to enable the "Enhanced Home Screen" in the settings. Then you will get "sort of" the same as that screen shot. It won't repeat the box. Why does that screen have the focused box then above in the information area is again that box in almost the same size? It is needlessly repeating information and it could be something else in that spot like a logo, or let more of that backdrop show through or something. Repeating the box is kind of lazy...

Did you just mean that area at top showing titles and what not though? If so after enable the enhanced home screen in settings you also want to turn off "Show Titles" on the grid. Then it will show that information panel at the top.

I never meant for it to be a replacement of the vertical grid, I suggested it as extra, I do like better the horizontal with the extended information but it doesn't mean I hate the vertical Grid. if I can only choose one, then yes keep only the vertical one. that is one of the reasons why kodi is so popular it has so many features, views, themes, from time to time I change the listing views just because it gets boring over time. (some people like chocolate others like vanilla and when they get bored, they get strawberry).

5 hours ago, ebr said:

We used to do something very similar to this but it was removed by popular demand.  There is an open request to put an extended info area in the vertical grid though (similar to the library views and enhanced home screen now).

I do remember using it and then it disappear, honestly it was ugly, nowhere close or pretty as the one in kodi, but I find it estrange to remove it, If some users didn't like it they could just not use it.

Edited by abescalamis

pünktchen
6 hours ago, ebr said:

There is an open request to put an extended info area in the vertical grid though (similar to the library views and enhanced home screen now).

Oh yes, that would be great. But don't make it a global option but a library view type. So we can have it on in one library and off in an other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

Oh yes, that would be great. But don't make it a global option but a library view type. So we can have it on in one library and off in an other.

It would be a display preference for the view just like the image size.

abescalamis

When you move down in the ATV app to the "continue watching" row it transforms into a some sort of slide listing view.

I like it a lot, I really think it looks way better than the Kodi one, because it doesn't repeat the poster image.

IMG_20200924_234354.thumb.jpg.15bd5aa14116ec65b10721659c29faed.jpg

PhotoGrid_Plus_1601004745267.jpg

Edited by abescalamis