Allow Users to create profiles

Sab39

I searched the forums and I didn't see anything specifically like this, which was surprising to me.

So the server admin adds a user to access the server.

The user has an emby connect account

It would be nice if the user could add multiple profiles to the user account. So when the emby app is opened, the user can select the profile they want. Very similar to how Netflix does it. When I open netflix (yes I still have a paid account), I can select a kids profile, and adult profile or a profile set up for my mother or in-laws. Within those profiles you can set parental controls or separate favorites.

Now why do this over just having admins adding separate users within a household??? Good question. As an end user, you don't want to have multiple logins for emby, especially if you use a shared tv... so during the day, you don't want to have to login to one user account that just shows kid shows (set up via the parental controls) and then at night when the kids go to bed, you have to logout and then login with another user account.

So if we allow the end user to create profiles within a single user account, they simply would be able to create multiple profiles under one account and then switch between them without ever having to logout and back into the app and remembering multiple user names and pw's.

For example, me as the server admin gives "Jerry" access to my server with whatever settings I set up. Then Jerry can go into the emby app and set up a profile for his kids (using the ratings settings under parental controls, and maybe even add in playback time limits like we can as admins) and then another one for him and his wife (without any restrictions). And maybe to make it easy, whenever the app is opened, they see the two icons (with a picture or whatever) and the profile name underneath. They click on one and that profile is loaded and the content is restricted (or not) based on whatever the user set the profile settings as.

Sorry if this is a duplicate. I seriously didn't see it.