App not working correctly for different users

Dont1982

I have emby premiere, do I have to also pay another fee to unlock this app on fire tv?  when i log in under my user name it works fine but when i log in under my kids user name nothing works? The TV shows are messed up and live tv will not work. Help please. it was working fine the last time my kids had access to their tv's. 

Hi, no you shouldn't have to as Premiere is good to unlock 25 devices.

Can you go over an example of a problem you kids see?  Have you checked their access to features in the web app users menu?

5 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, if you have Emby Premiere you should get 25 device unlocks as part of your Premiere license when those devices are connected to your server. This is for both full playback as well as all Premiere features such as Live TV.

You can use ANY of the Emby apps on your server without issue nor need to unlock up to the limit.

The only reason you would need to unlock an app is if you were to access someone else's Emby server who didn't have a Premiere license.

Here's a quick reference chart to what your Premiere License unlocks from our knowledge base:

https://support.emby.media/a/solutions/articles/44001173099

Let us know if you have any other questions.

i have my kids as users on my server, and i set them up with their own emby connect users. it has worked until now. did i set them up wrong? I used their email addresses and such to set them up. i looked on the wiki on how to set them up under my emby connect but it doesn't say how to.

20 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, no you shouldn't have to as Premiere is good to unlock 25 devices.

Can you go over an example of a problem you kids see?  Have you checked their access to features in the web app users menu?

Yes i have checked access and they have access to the live tv shows and recordings, The tv recording have show folders for all the seasons, when they are logged in it has the show folders and also all the episodes out of the folders, the live tv will not even load the guide. But when i log in everything works perfectly. I think it may have something to do with them not paying 120.00 each for an emby premiere. because it always pops up for emby premiere on their log ins.  How do i put them as local users under my emby connect. the wiki has nothing bout that in there but it does state that on the emby server. i am attaching some pics.

mine (1).jpg

kids.jpg

kids (2).jpg

kids 3.jpg

Edited by Dont1982

4 minutes ago, cayars said:

What is wrong now that wasn't before?  Need more info!

the live tv worked and the tv shows were grouped like they should have been. After the server upgrade the other day this is the result on their accounts

Your kids do not need Emby Premiere as you install this on the server.

What kind of TV is that or asked another way what app are you running in the TV picture above?

What happens if you try using only a web browser with their credentials?  Do you get the guide and can watch TV?

Just now, cayars said:

dYour kids do not need Emby Premiere as you install this on the server.

What kind of TV is that or asked another way what app are you running in the TV picture above?

What happens if you try using only a web browser with their credentials?  Do you get the guide and can watch TV?

i am using a firestick for all of my tv's.  and when i try to log into the emby website with any of our emby connect names it says server unreachable. but i can log into the same exact firestick that is in my kids room and it works flawlessly like it should and doesn't state that i have to be premiere. but when i log into theirs with their emby connect it messes all up again and says i have to have emby premiere. When i set their users up i set them up as their own emby connect with their email addresses. not connected to mine. Would this have something to do with that. how would i set them up as local users under my emby connect name?

Let's put using any apps off and just concentrate with logging in with a browser first.

Can you login in with their server username (not Emby connect) and password directly to your server?

5 minutes ago, cayars said:

Let's put using any apps off and just concentrate with logging in with a browser first.

Can you login in with their server username (not Emby connect) and password directly to your server?

yes i can log into the server with their names and it looks the exact same as the pics above.

I just made a new user name and it works perfectly, This is weird as the previous users was good to go until this update. this has access to everything like i do.

Edited by Dont1982
adding content

Ok i have figured it out. It is a problem with the tags and parental controls. If i give unrestricted access it works fine, but when I tag a channel or show with their names and tell the parental controls to only allow things with that tag specified to show, then i loses its mind and does not show a guide for live tv even if i give access to it, also on tv shows it does not show folder view. It shows all of the tv show episodes and folder view at the same time. 

Doesn't sound like anything is wrong.

If you set the user to allow allow things you've tagged THAT IS ALL THEY WILL GET.  Emby is actually doing exactly what you told it to do.  With that said there is not a built in way to do DVR recordings specific for certain people. 

What I've done is similar situations is setup recordings for users who want them but set "Keep up to:" X episode and set it to 3 or something.  That way nothing need be deleted manually but they will only get the 3 most recent episodes.  Makes them watch the things they asked to have recorded or "tough luck" when it get's deleted.

4 minutes ago, cayars said:

Doesn't sound like anything is wrong.

If you set the user to allow allow things you've tagged THAT IS ALL THEY WILL GET.  Emby is actually doing exactly what you told it to do.  With that said there is not a built in way to do DVR recordings specific for certain people. 

What I've done is similar situations is setup recordings for users who want them but set "Keep up to:" X episode and set it to 3 or something.  That way nothing need be deleted manually but they will only get the 3 most recent episodes.  Makes them watch the things they asked to have recorded or "tough luck" when it get's deleted.

no it isnt working correctly at all. I had been until this update. i have tagged live tv channels and tv recordings. Previously the tv guide showed channels with the listings, that i had tagged. And same with tv shows, and the tv shows would be in folder form not just a hodge podge of episodes. I have plenty of room for their shows and mine. Now after the update the live tv does not show anything on the guide and the tv shows are just episodes. I can un restrict it and it looks like it should. And there is a way that only they see it and on mine. I tag them with their name on the metadata and set the parental controls to only allow stuff with the specified tag. Emby unrestricted is workign as it should yes bt something is going on with the parental controls. and it has never done it until this update.

Edited by Dont1982

i would love to be able to call someone and sort this out. it has something to do with the update.  because as soon as i take the parental controls off it works perfectly.

Edited by Dont1982
adding content

Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to load the guide for them? You can learn how to do that here:

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to load the guide for them? You can learn how to do that here:

Thanks.

here is the server log. i was logged into different users trying to figure out what happened

embyserver.txt

@Luke parental controls are doing some very weird things and not honoring tags assigned.

Steps to reproduce.

Pick one or two Live TV channels as admin and add tag SHOWIT

Create user TEST and deny them access to everything except Live TV. Setup parental restrictions so the user only see's content with tag SHOWIT.

Login as TEST user and see what you get.  I have access to libraries not granted access to.  In live TV I get some programs but no guide, etc..

Something is quite off.

14 minutes ago, Dont1982 said:

i would love to be able to call someone and sort this out. it has something to do with the update.  because as soon as i take the parental controls off it works perfectly.

If you require the parental controls you're best bet at the moment is to roll back to the previous version.

If you need help with this, send me a PM and I can help you remotely and will only take a couple of minutes (better than a phone call). :)

Please try to use your local web app by putting this address into a browser:

http://192.168.0.192:8096

Then login as one of these users. Are  you able to see the guide then?

Just now, cayars said:

@Luke parental controls are doing some very weird things and not honoring tags assigned.

Steps to reproduce.

Pick one or two Live TV channels as admin and add tag SHOWIT

Create user TEST and deny them access to everything except Live TV. Setup parental restrictions so the user only see's content with tag SHOWIT.

Login as TEST user and see what you get.  I have access to libraries not granted access to.  In live TV I get some programs but no guide, etc..

Something is quite off.

thank you @cayars  at least i know im not totally crazy lol. i have recreated it multiple times. I a, glad you were able to recreate it. Also do it to a recording and see what happens to the folder views lol. That is what the pics above show. 

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please try to use your local web app by putting this address into a browser:

http://192.168.0.192:8096

Then login as one of these users. Are  you able to see the guide then?

yes i can log in and No i am not able t see the guide with the parental on. it looks the same as the firestick app. But i log into mine as admin and it looks perfect, i remove the parental locks and it looks fine and works like it should. also the movies will not play it says too many errors giving up. But without parental controls on it plays fine on the same login. 

Edited by Dont1982
adding content

11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok thanks for reporting. We'll take a look at it.

thank you. my kids thank you lol. as i have tv lol. thanks again