MBC: Xenon Theme Bug Tracker

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

RonNCmale, on 12 Sept 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:snapback.png

So Where is movies in your Sort Order for the EHS is it the first in the list.

(No, it second- right after Favorites if both EHS and Favorites list is checked, Normally it is the only one that shows if EHS is the only one checked----- see post #48 on this topic, it shows how it normally looks with just Movies showing)

How big is you list, have you been patient enough, give it a few seconds and see what happens. it repopulates the quick lists when returning home page.

(50 movies, I've let it sit for more than 10 minutes and it does not repo)

Ok, so I've tried everything to repo this and can't repo it at all.  I have a small library on my dev laptop which has approx 20 - 30 movies in. So this could be it.

Ok mate, leave it with me, I'll try and see what I can do.

Cheers for patience.

yardameus

Yeah, I was able to somewhat repo the issue, but for me it was only the movies selection that did it, which was the first in the EHS list.  Any other time I backed out of any other selection (music, tv shows, etc...) everything was fine.  Also, when I moved from Movies (after backing into the EHS) to another selection and back, it re-populated.

• Like 1

buddyweiser

Yeah, I was able to somewhat repo the issue, but for me it was only the movies selection that did it, which was the first in the EHS list. Any other time I backed out of any other selection (music, tv shows, etc...) everything was fine. Also, when I moved from Movies (after backing into the EHS) to another selection and back, it re-populated.

For me TV shows is the first in the ehs list and that's the only category I could repro the issue in.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Yes they are playing in the background and there is no now playing icon showing to click on.

Chocolate,Square,Rush,Roc,Crystal even the good old ones Pearl,Neo and Diamond working correctly.

Yogi,  I just fired this up and have the icon showing without any fixing

See attached images

post-71-0-83962900-1410596035_thumb.png

post-71-0-03017100-1410597017_thumb.png

Hey Cheese,

Not showing for me matey,pic and video below with the backdrop playing but not showing. Might need to turn your sound up to hear it playing. Sorry about the quality,bit hard to hold the ipad and remote and do 2 things at once.

54143e1b04a53_photo.jpg

IMG_0442.MOV

Edited by Yogi

Cheesegeezer

Hey Cheese,

Not showing for me matey,pic and video below with the backdrop playing but not showing. Might need to turn your sound up to hear it playing. Sorry about the quality,bit hard to hold the ipad and remote and do 2 things at once.

Right O i get you now.  You can hear the video backdrop but it fails to display.

Still can't repo this issue. 

I'm gonna have to ask the obvious here have you checked your settings for ThemeVideo Backdrops plugin in the old configurator. Could be set to Trailers only. so just playing the theme music.

Also do you have the latest update of the the plugin 1.0.0.7.

I'm stumped otherwise

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Right O i get you now. You can hear the video backdrop but it fails to display.

Still can't repo this issue.

I'm gonna have to ask the obvious here have you checked your settings for ThemeVideo Backdrops plugin in the old configurator. Could be set to Trailers only. so just playing the theme music.

Also do you have the latest update of the the plugin 1.0.0.7.

I'm stumped otherwise

Yes checked settings and it is only set for theme amd to loop only once and latest version is installed. 1.0.0.7

It is weird it is only happening for 2 themes (xenon and subdued),anyway no biggie,just thought I would let you know.

Also I uninstalled everything to do with MBC,manually cleaned out all settings,plugins,cache,the whole kit and caboodle.

Then reinstalled eveything fresh one thing at a time,with only Xenon and the theme video plugin and still no go.

I am stumped as well.

Edited by Yogi

One last thing when I click on the WMC button and go back to WMC,I can see the video backdrop playing so for some reason it is not getting the main focus when in MBC.

Mr Cheese

After a bit more troubleshooting,I have nailed it.The problem is an option under playback in MBC to "disable the custom player interface for DVD rips:

With this option checked the theme plays but cannot be viewed,unchecked it plays and can be viewed.Must be something conflicting in both themes with this option checked.

Cheers

Yogi. 

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Holy crap @@Yogi well done sire. How on earth you found that i'll never know, but good job.

Seems odd that its both of my themes. I'll have a look in that area and see if there's anything obvious. Cheers mate!!

• Like 1

Holy crap @@Yogi well done sire. How on earth you found that i'll never know, but good job.

Seems odd that its both of my themes. I'll have a look in that area and see if there's anything obvious. Cheers mate!!

It was just a case of try a lot of options and see what transpires,just luck I found it I guess,anyway I hope you can nail down the problem and get a fix in.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

It was just a case of try a lot of options and see what transpires,just luck I found it I guess,anyway I hope you can nail down the problem and get a fix in.

Yeah I can repo it too now which is good.  I have no idea why that option would affect playback tho.  I'll have a look at it today at somepoint. 

Close to pushing another update with fixes and the Shortlist function.

• Like 1

His themes must be in a format that is interpreted as a DVD (vob?).

Be sure you are using Application.PlaybackController.GoToFullscreen to produce full screen video.  That will take into account all the appropriate options.

Cheesegeezer

Be sure you are using Application.PlaybackController.GoToFullscreen to produce full screen video.  That will take into account all the appropriate options.

Thanks for the tip, but I've checked all my playbackcontroller instances in mcml and they are all reference what you suggested.

Cheesegeezer

Do you have your own specialized playback controller or do you use the standard internal one?

Always used the one from the core.

my <bd:nowplaying ....... /> always sit on top of the <bd:backdrop......>  and are the last 2 UI elements of the <Content>

EDIT: Here is code on My Page.mcml Selector

<!--Conditions for displaying the Now Playing Icon-->
      <Rule ConditionLogicalOp="Or">
        <Conditions>
          <Equality Source="[Application.PlaybackController.IsStopped]" ConditionOp="Equals" Value="true"></Equality>
        </Conditions>
        <Actions>
          <Set Target="[NowPlayKey.Visible]" Value="false"></Set>
        </Actions>
      </Rule>

<Conditions>
          <Equality Source="[Application.PlaybackController.IsPlaying]" ConditionOp="Equals" Value="true"></Equality>
        </Conditions>
        <Actions>
          <Set Target="[NowPlayKey.Visible]" Value="true"></Set>
        </Actions>
      </Rule>

<Conditions>
          <Equality Source="[Application.PlaybackController.IsPaused]" ConditionOp="Equals" Value="true"></Equality>
        </Conditions>
        <Actions>
          <Set Target="[NowPlayKey.Visible]" Value="true"></Set>
        </Actions>
      </Rule>

<Rule>
        <Actions>
          <Invoke Target="[MediaPlaying.Start]" />
        </Actions>
      </Rule>

<Rule ConditionLogicalOp="And">
        <Conditions>
          <Modified Source="[GoToNowPlaying.Invoked]" />
        </Conditions>
        <Actions>
          <Invoke Target="[Application.PlaybackController.GoToFullScreen]"/>
        </Actions>
      </Rule>
Edited by Cheesegeezer

Nope all my themes are downloaded via the plugins available from Radeon,no different to everyone else I presume.

Nope all my themes are downloaded via the plugins available from Radeon,no different to everyone else I presume.

Right, but those could be absolutely anything.  What format is the actual file?

Cheesegeezer

@@Yogi I've just bee looking at the chocolate code to see if there is anything different I am doing, and I'm not.  You have your backdrops set up different and access them from different places but still the same all in all.

Here's the wierd thing, Rob wrote Subdued completely different to the way Xenon is written.

I think ebr has some hidden code somewhere that says....

if (ThemeIsAuthoredBy == Cheesegeezer)

{

GiveHimHell(alot)

}

hahahahahaha

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 3

Well this is very weird as you said you can repo it now as well.

Yeh all my backdrops are in their own folders in the actual series or movies as they have been ever since the plugins have been released and all of a sudden it just starts playing up.seems strange that particular option is blocking them from being viewed and on only two themes.

Does my head in and I am not even a dev so I sympathise with you guys trying to find out what is wrong.

buddyweiser

@@Yogi I've just bee looking at the chocolate code to see if there is anything different I am doing, and I'm not.  You have your backdrops set up different and access them from different places but still the same all in all.

Here's the wierd thing, Rob wrote Subdued completely different to the way Xenon is written.

I think ebr has some hidden code somewhere that says....

if (ThemeIsAuthoredBy == Cheesegeezer)

{

GiveHimHell(alot)

}

hahahahahaha

1384838106983.gif

• Like 1

aspdend

Unfortunately, I had completely forgotten about it, with the move and all.  I'll add it to my list now.

@@buddyweiser @@yardameus @@aspdend can you repo this issue above? Thanks

I have been trying to repo this issue and can't.  What versions are you running for MBC and MBS please.

So as there have been a couple of requests, I've added the "Concrete" background to the theme as the theme background, however if you can't wait for next update here's how you can add it.

You need a program called MediaCenter Studio

Follow these instructions here on how to install

http://www.hack7mc.com/2011/11/media-center-studio-installation.html

To install the theme:

For those unfamiliar with Media Center Studio simply run the program and select the Themes tab. From that tab select the Import Theme button and select the Concrete MCT file to add it to Media Center Studio’s theme listing. From there select the New theme and press the Apply button. The theme will be applied to Media Center and should appear the next time you launch the program.

Sorry @@Cheesegeezer I'm having a few issues with my setup currently as my server library scan keeps sticking at 38.8% and seems to lock up so my MBC doesn't seem to be working properly at all at the moment. I am trying to find out what the scan keeps falling over on to see if it something obvious before I post the logs for help...

Cheesegeezer

1.0.0.9 is about to go up

@@RonNCmale your RAL selector issue should be fixed. Please test and report back

@@Redshirt the folder name on ehs now should go if you choose not to have the ral displayed.;)

Issue with blank RAL when returning to EHS should also be fixed

Added Concrete backdrop as the theme background, selectable under Theme Options in MBC Main Config

Final Details page - the NEXT/PREV and NPV are all now selectable with a mouse

I would like to say that the Shortlist is in this release but it's actually proving more tricky than first anticipated.  I have one UI navigation bug to fix and it should be up for release.

Cheers

• Like 2