MBC: Xenon Theme Bug Tracker

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

EcB8kzo.png

Please post bugs for Xenon Theme Here.

It will help greatly if -

1. you are seeing layout issues post screen shots and use arrows/lines to point out affecting areas

2. any other issues, can you please post up a log.  If you are unsure please click the link  here on how to report a problem

For feature requests... please post your FR request in the appropriate forum located here.

Thank you for your continued support

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

aspdend

Cheesegeezer - sorry for the lack of feedback - been so busy of late...

Anyway - I've been using Xenon daily and it is by far the best theme in my opinion. Great work.

A couple of minor issues I have noticed - I still think the EHS shading below the banner at the bottom makes the text below difficult to read53ce19457a633_Untitled.png

Also if you are in coverflow and increase the size of the covers by several points then the first cover overlaps the information at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

Finally, if you are in coverflow and press and hold the button to scroll quickly through the covers, instead of cycling through the covers, the images collapse up to the right and disappear until you release the button and then they return in normal coverflow arrangement.

Sorry for the lack of screen shots - will try to rectify that this evening when home

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer - sorry for the lack of feedback - been so busy of late...

Anyway - I've been using Xenon daily and it is by far the best theme in my opinion. Great work.

A couple of minor issues I have noticed - I still think the EHS shading below the banner at the bottom makes the text below difficult to read53ce19457a633_Untitled.png

Also if you are in coverflow and increase the size of the covers by several points then the first cover overlaps the information at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

Finally, if you are in coverflow and press and hold the button to scroll quickly through the covers, instead of cycling through the covers, the images collapse up to the right and disappear until you release the button and then they return in normal coverflow arrangement.

Sorry for the lack of screen shots - will try to rectify that this evening when home

No need to add any screen shots, i get the idea and thanks.

1. I can adjust the shading on the RAL Selectors, that's not a problem.

2. Coverflow poster size - I will look into

3. The reason why you are seeing them disappear off the screen is because scrolling takes priority over showing posters so.... basically the speed of the theme will be compromised which i'm not willing to do, it's tricky because of the layout, the only way around this I think is to allow posters to the left of the one in focus to show, but then the layout would look all wrong or another option would be to allow you to wrap the item list.  Sorry thinking out loud again.

Cheers

• Like 1

aspdend

No need to add any screen shots, i get the idea and thanks.

1. I can adjust the shading on the RAL Selectors, that's not a problem.

2. Coverflow poster size - I will look into

3. The reason why you are seeing them disappear off the screen is because scrolling takes priority over showing posters so.... basically the speed of the theme will be compromised which i'm not willing to do, it's tricky because of the layout, the only way around this I think is to allow posters to the left of the one in focus to show, but then the layout would look all wrong or another option would be to allow you to wrap the item list.  Sorry thinking out loud again.

Cheers

1. Thanks - that will please the boss!

2. Thanks - it's perfectly fine up until about 4/5 size increases - I prefer fewer larger images on screen...

3. That's a tough one as the theme is nice and quick (which is part of it's appeal) Is this something that would improve if I had a better graphics card for example that could keep up with the fast scrolling? It would be nice to keep the covers visible to a degree, but I wouldn't want to slow things down to achieve this...

Cheesegeezer

1. Thanks - that will please the boss!

2. Thanks - it's perfectly fine up until about 4/5 size increases - I prefer fewer larger images on screen...

3. That's a tough one as the theme is nice and quick (which is part of it's appeal) Is this something that would improve if I had a better graphics card for example that could keep up with the fast scrolling? It would be nice to keep the covers visible to a degree, but I wouldn't want to slow things down to achieve this...

Points 1 & 2 are now fixed in the latest release 1.0.0.1.

@@BAS and myself were going thru and have fixed a few more issues will be available in the next release.

(de)selecting "show backdrops" were not updating dynamically

if the global option to show backdrop was disabled, selecting a couple of options were not enabled.

A few more

• Like 2

xXSagaiaXx

Hey Cheesegeezer, 

Love the theme. Only thing, on the actors tab is there any way to add the ability to see the movies that the actor is in from the movie collection.

Thanks,

S.

• Like 1

AaronG85

Hey Cheesegeezer, 

Love the theme. Only thing, on the actors tab is there any way to add the ability to see the movies that the actor is in from the movie collection.

Thanks,

S.

This would be an awesome addition.

• Like 1

yardameus

I wouldn't necessarily call this a bug, but not really a feature request either.  I had noticed this before but only in certain situations.  When you either enter a category (or sub-category) or back out of one, there is a tone when select.  There is also a tone when you actually enter the category you selected.  It doesn't stand out so much when there is a pause, but if it happens quickly, it almost sounds like a double press.  Usually more of an issue as you are backing out of something, but the faster the theme becomes, I've noticed it more entering into a category.  I would say remove the second tone when actually entering the item/category.  Make any sense?  If only the lag where more noticeable, might not be an issue??? ;)

Not quite sure if this is really considered a bug.  However, with the movies in poster view, depending on the backdrop, the overview text (in white) is often washed out.  Perhaps a slightly opaque overlay could be applied to a box around the text?  I'll post a picture later if this is unclear.  However, kudos on all the work into this theme... it looks fantastic (and fast)!

buddyweiser

Not quite sure if this is really considered a bug. However, with the movies in poster view, depending on the backdrop, the overview text (in white) is often washed out. Perhaps a slightly opaque overlay could be applied to a box around the text? I'll post a picture later if this is unclear. However, kudos on all the work into this theme... it looks fantastic (and fast)!

Click on the configuration icon, then enable the backdrop overlay. If it is not legible enough, go into the main configuration page and under xenon options, adjust the backdrop overlay alpha until you find the right shade.

Click on the configuration icon, then enable the backdrop overlay. If it is not legible enough, go into the main configuration page and under xenon options, adjust the backdrop overlay alpha until you find the right shade.

Excellent... I will give that a shot.  Thanks for the speedy suggestion!

buddyweiser

Excellent... I will give that a shot. Thanks for the speedy suggestion!

I was on my lunch break :P hope it's what you were looking for.
  • Like 1

aspdend

This would be an awesome addition.

I agree - that's a great feature from other themes I have used

aspdend

Points 1 & 2 are now fixed in the latest release 1.0.0.1.

@@BAS and myself were going thru and have fixed a few more issues will be available in the next release.

(de)selecting "show backdrops" were not updating dynamically

if the global option to show backdrop was disabled, selecting a couple of options were not enabled.

A few more

Excellent work chaps...the work you are putting into maintaining and improving the theme is very encouraging and much appreciated

Cheesegeezer

1.0.0.2 is now up and addresses the following.

Critical Fixes
---------------- 
1. (de)selecting "show backdrops" were not updating dynamically.  
2.  if global option to show backdrop was disabled, selecting a couple of options were not enabled.  
3.  Music Video's had no details on the final detail page.  
4.  Moved the Backdrop Alpha to Folder Options (this is still a global setting).  
5.  Next Up now shows Top Level Thumb images if Season Thumbs are not available.  

Cheesegeezer

Hey Cheesegeezer, 

Thanks,

S.

I agree - that's a great feature from other themes I have used

I'll put that back in a future release - I was waiting for the server to expose more of the Tmdb API to include an even better list but it looks like that could be on a waiting list for a while. 

• Like 1

AaronG85

Just found a cool feature in Chocolate that would love to have in Xenon - It allows a random backdrop to be used when navigating the EHS, I find at the moment the bare blue background is a bit boring and would live to spice it up. Or another way would be able to choose generic backgrounds for each folder. Either I would be happy with.

Yogi

You can choose whatever background you like for any folder via the web client,the same way you can choose an image for each of your folders.

Click on the pencil icon on the folders,go to images and upload a background from there.

Have a look in the fanart section for the Disparity collection,they look brilliant in the Xenon theme.

• Like 2

AaronG85

You can choose whatever background you like for any folder via the web client,the same way you can choose an image for each of your folders.

Click on the pencil icon on the folders,go to images and upload a background from there.

Have a look in the fanart section for the Disparity collection,they look brilliant in the Xenon theme.

Sorry to hi jack @Xenon but @@Yogi is there a way to add one of these images as the background to Channels? 

Yogi

Sorry to hi jack @Xenon but @@Yogi is there a way to add one of these images as the background to Channels? 

@@AaronG85 I presume it is exactly the same way,use the pencil icon on the channels and go to images and upload a background.

post-68-0-37183800-1406446877_thumb.png

Echostorm

First off.  Love the theme. It is utterly gorgeous. You are an artist.

However, I'm getting some odd behavior where I have an episode or movie selected and hit play on my remote it plays the last thing I was watching rather than what is selected.  It hardly seems possible the theme could be responsible but when I switch back to pearl or chocolate the behavior returns to normal.

PS. In detail view, what do you think about moving the summary and metadata text down a schosh to make the middle of the backdrop more visible.

Cheesegeezer

First off.  Love the theme. It is utterly gorgeous. You are an artist.

However, I'm getting some odd behavior where I have an episode or movie selected and hit play on my remote it plays the last thing I was watching rather than what is selected.  It hardly seems possible the theme could be responsible but when I switch back to pearl or chocolate the behavior returns to normal.

PS. In detail view, what do you think about moving the summary and metadata text down a schosh to make the middle of the backdrop more visible.

Thanks for the kind words.   :D

Yeah I'm really sure why that is happening, I can't see why it would do that, especially if you pressed "OK" you would enter that item, so hitting play on that item should send the play command and start playing your selected item.

And your request for detail view to drop the summary was a valid one, it's been bugging me too, so that's been implemented in the next release.  A few other cool features for you to play with too ;)

More info can be found here

Edited by Cheesegeezer