New emby 4.5.0.50 failed to install on DS218+

cochize1
Go to solution Solved by cochize1,

cochize1

Hi all,

I just saw on my Dashboard that there is new package available, according to new rules only with manual upload

I have a DS518+ with apollolake architecture so I assume emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_x86_64 package is what I need to manually upload to my my NAS. But whenever I go to Package Center --> Manuall Install --> Upload a package and browse it from my PC I get this:

image.thumb.png.4ed7835b499de68971ea9625c961e64d.png

I log off and on to my DSM and also rebooted the whole NAS but with no success.

Any help please?

scaryfast

There was a previous thread that mentioned Synology's process is slow to get it approved for the package store.  Im hoping thats the case which is why the upgrade just hasn't shown up...but if not, im subscribed to this as I have the same question.

13 hours ago, scaryfast said:

There was a previous thread that mentioned Synology's process is slow to get it approved for the package store.  Im hoping thats the case which is why the upgrade just hasn't shown up...but if not, im subscribed to this as I have the same question.

They're not releasing it through the Package Center any more - see the Blog post.

You have to download manually, per the Blog post.

unisoft
10 minutes ago, woozle said:

They're not releasing it through the Package Center any more - see the Blog post.

You have to download manually, per the Blog post.

Yes that's correct.

Luke is trying to get Synology approval to put into the official Synology App Store for a future release.

FrostByte
21 hours ago, cochize1 said:

Hi all,

I just saw on my Dashboard that there is new package available, according to new rules only with manual upload

I have a DS518+ with apollolake architecture so I assume emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_x86_64 package is what I need to manually upload to my my NAS. But whenever I go to Package Center --> Manuall Install --> Upload a package and browse it from my PC I get this:

image.thumb.png.4ed7835b499de68971ea9625c961e64d.png

I log off and on to my DSM and also rebooted the whole NAS but with no success.

Any help please?

Not sure, but maybe you have to be logged into DSM as an admin because it has to create new userids, etc.  I was when I installed.

cochize1
9 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Not sure, but maybe you have to be logged into DSM as an admin because it has to create new userids, etc.  I was when I installed.

Since I am the only one using my NAS I believe I am logged in as an admin all the time? I checked the Users and my 'admin' basic account is labeled as disabled (probably by me some time in the past). And whenever I log into WinSCP with my username and password I have a full access to emby root files so I believe I have all the admin privileges.

image.png.211b2182a897bef675996ab5bd42f0e9.png

Edited by cochize1

• Solution
cochize1

I have re-enabled the admin account, and logged into DSM with that but still no luck. It says that 'operation failed' and asks to log into DSM again. Any suggestions?

EDIT: got it working by simply stopping the Emby Server and than doing the manual update, everything went smoothly

Edited by cochize1

FrostByte
5 minutes ago, kennyb3653 said:

Well I did login with default admin and  still can't manually install Emby Update

Are you getting the same error as the OP?

Did you see what he did to fix it?

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Original Poster.

Was the server stopped when you tried again though?  If you restart the NAS after you stopped Emby server then it will just restart after you restart the NAS.  

1. Stop Emby server from Dashboard

2. Check Pack Center to ensure Emby isn't running

3. Manually install

4. Restart NAS

• Like 1

FrostByte

Ok, after you shutdown Emby server from the Emby Server Dashboard (not from package center DSM)

db.jpg.7472d33321b717541f824d87d0464cb9.jpg

did DSM show it as being stopped?

pc.jpg.9046289acbe82b5a3ebb4bc65f6c1cd7.jpg

After it is stopped try manual installing using an Admin account

FrostByte

and you stopped it from Dashboard and not DSM right?  Because there has been a problem others have seen that stopping it from DSM doesn't always stop the service.

FrostByte

Just to eliminate DSM as being an issue are you on DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2?  You're not running 7.x beta or anything like that?

FrostByte
3 hours ago, kennyb3653 said:

I'am not running any beta of any kind or Emby Beta

image.png.cc413ac27aacdf85630b0220b7c5b1a6.png

Luke just posted new versions of all the packages which fixes a permissions problem others were reporting.  You may want to try again using the steps above just in case it helps with this error also.  The build numbers are the same though so it won't look new when downloading. 

kennyb3653

This did not do the trick.  Just for curiosity,  I tried to install the package on another identical Synology NAS.  This NAS has never had Emby installed on it and it gave  the exact same error.

So not shutting down the server on the dashboard is not the cause of the failure.

kennyb3653

Its a negative on installing the update.  It occurs on both my NAS's  One of them never had Emby installed  on  it have the expact same issue.

Edited by kennyb3653