Android TV and latest linux server 4.5

meddaugh
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I'm not 100% sure if this should be here or in the Linux server area.  I updated my Linux server to the 4.5.0.50 version.  The web works ok, and the Android version works ok.  Both a generic Android TV device and my NVIDIA Shield failed to load and just sat at the loading screen spinning a circle.

I was able to rollback the server to 4.4.3.0.  They all work ok now.    I noticed this in the logs, so I am reporting it, but again, not sure if it belongs here or Linux Server area.

2020-09-22 19:26:20.456 Info App: Updating pre-installed plugins due to server rollback. Last server version: 4.5.0.50. Current server version: 4.4.3.0
2020-09-22 19:26:20.456 Info App: Any manually installed plugins will need to be reverted to compatible versions. Please use the Emby plugin catalog to install compatible
 versions of your plugins.
2020-09-22 19:26:20.456 Info App: Why did you roll back your server version? If you did so because of a problem, please make sure to report it to the Emby team.

After the rollback, the Android TV version worked fine.  I was not able to turn in debug as the Emby client for ATV did not even load up.   If there is anything else I can help with please let me know.  I am using the Emby TV Beta version  1.8.33g (from the setup screen when it worked).

embyserver-63736399579.txt

12 hours ago, meddaugh said:

I was not able to turn in debug as the Emby client for ATV did not even load up

Doesn't look like that is possible.

If you clear data on the app, will it log in?

So I can try to get some logcat output.  I will also clear data to try to login again.  I'll also upgrade my server again to replicate.

Gathering data.. upgraded server to 4.5.  I started logcat capture.  Started ATV client.. spinning Loading circle.  Finally is said at the bottom "Invalid User id or password"... Still spinning.

AND it worked.  I've attached logcat and server logs.  However.... It does say the invalid user at ~ the 60 second mark. It also takes a good almost 90 seconds to start the ATV client now.  I was used to the ~ 20 sec startup.  So the new server is working, but a change from 20 to 90 seconds to start the app does seem rather long. 

I enabled debug on that client and try again too so it may send you logs.... 9:40am, EDT (user meddaugh).  Not sure if it will show you anything or not.  Apparently I did not wait long enough to see that it did work last night.

embyserver.txt logcat.post-45.pre-wipe

2 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

Did you clear cache and data for the Android apps? 

I did not have to. It just takes a very long time to start up now.

Q-Droid

That's why I asked about cache. I've had slow startups and navigation before that were fixed clearing Emby app cache. Not on 4.5.

1 hour ago, Q-Droid said:

That's why I asked about cache. I've had slow startups and navigation before that were fixed clearing Emby app cache. Not on 4.5.

I might try that later to see if that helps wiping caches/data and relogging in.  For my 1 hour a day I have to myself to watch TV I might leave it so I can at least watch things.

• Solution

Either clear the cache and data on the app or turn off the "Remember last user" login in the app and set it to "Show login screen".  Then login normally and then set it back to how you had it before.

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Either clear the cache and data on the app or turn off the "Remember last user" login in the app and set it to "Show login screen".  Then login normally and then set it back to how you had it before.

This worked wonders!  I cleared data/cache, relogged in and things are much quicker.  Is that a normal best practice to do when upgrading the server-side?  Thanks!

jaycedk

Hi ppl.

Just had the same thing happen to me, I had to clear data and clear cache.

How do I send logs, when the app is not loading, only showing spinning arrow.

It works fine on Mobile and web.

All on local network.

Server os : windows 10 up to date, except form 2004 not installed.

Emby server version : 4.5.0.50

Android TV on Mibox and Shield.

App version : AndroidTv 1.8.33g

Edited by jaycedk

14 hours ago, meddaugh said:

This worked wonders!  I cleared data/cache, relogged in and things are much quicker.  Is that a normal best practice to do when upgrading the server-side?  Thanks!

It probably wasn't actually the upgrade but that your server IP address changed.

jaycedk

Hmm not in my case.

Same server ip same dns name.

It was found under the same ip.

Tried restart mibox and shield. Both work with webbrowser using IP or dns name.

3 hours ago, ebr said:

It probably wasn't actually the upgrade but that your server IP address changed.

That's odd, it's internal and external IP has not changed in years, but the clear cached did help.

• Like 1