Cannot add server

nunofsr

Hi all,

I'm using Emby addon to sync my libraries on several devices but one stopped working. It is a Asus Laptop with Windows 10 x64 ver 1903 running Kodi 18.8 and Emby addon 4.1.19 installed from the official repository. A few months ago it ceased to sync but would still play the files, after a local database reset, it never connected to the server again. I've performed a factory recovery on that laptop, reinstalled everything from scratch and still no connection to the server.

Can anyone please share some ideas?

quickmic

Please try 4.1.20 from beta-repo or side-load from here https://kodi.emby.media/

Emby-connect is broken in 4.1.19, but the rest should work. What connection mode are you using?

If the issue still exists after 4.1.20, please attach a kodi log.

Thanks for your help.

I've read that tip here on this forum and I forgot to mention that I've tested that before. Thats my wife's laptop and she will be away for a couple of days, I'll get the log later, but can you tell me where I can find the log file?

Thanks in advance.

quickmic

Log file -> In the kodi install folder. Depends, what device you are using. some examples:

/home/USERNAME/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

/home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

/storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Edited by quickmic

• 2 weeks later...
quickmic

Thanks for the log.

Please explain a bit more what is not working. Can't you connect to the emby server at all?

Are you using emby-connect? Have you only tried with one user account to connect to the server or tried with multiple users?

Is it working on a different box/PC with the SAME user and connection mode?

In you log is at least one issue reported which could cause the issue:

2020-09-23 00:07:47.309 T:4848  NOTICE: EMBY.service -> ERROR:: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 10: ordinal not in range(128)
2020-09-23 00:07:47.309 T:5588  NOTICE: EMBY.service -> --<[ service ]

nunofsr

Hi,

The server is running on another machine on the same network. Every other devices can access the server. My server isn't a very powerfull computer, so I only use it to organize my files and auto download subtitles, the decoding is made by the other devices. On that specific computer, I can access emby trough the browser and play my files, it only fails to work with Kodi. Normaly, after installing the plugin, a popup appears with the available servers, I only need to click on the server, the user account and enter the password. It worked fine on that computer until it just stopped syncronizing, I made a factory restore, thinking it would solve, and nothing, it cannot access automatically or by entering manually the settings. 

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Are you using emby-connect? Have you only tried with one user account to connect to the server or tried with multiple users?

Is it working on a different box/PC with the SAME user and connection mode?

I do not use emby-connect and all other device work just fine. It just cannot access the server, so I can't try different users.

Thanks for your attention.

quickmic

can you please upload the settings file as well... somewhere here:

/home/quickmic/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby/settings.xml

quickmic

Thank you, can you please attach the file the file here in the forum as well. Not pastebin, I'm looking for a specific (hex) in the file.

quickmic

At the moment I cannot find the issue :(

Do you have somewhere in your settings the character : "ó" Maybe username or servername, wherever....

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Quite sure this is the issue. Can you rename it? (as a workaround)

btw, good policy: never use special characters anywhere (devs always think, US standards=world) 🙂

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

nunofsr

Well, it looks like Windows doesn't allow to change the username (or at least I couldn't find how to) but I've created a new account just for Kodi and it works perfectly. I'm not in the mood to factory reset the PC again soon, so that will have to work for now.

33 minutes ago, quickmic said:

btw, good policy: never use special characters anywhere (devs always think, US standards=world) 🙂

I normally don't use special characters, I will never do again in the future, I will always remeber this.

Many thanks for all your help!!!

• Like 1