File codec not supported - x265

CHA0SENG7NE

CHA0SENG7NE

Hi

I'm fairly new to Emby theater. When I play a 1080p x265 sac video. The emby server will re-encode to x264. I don't have an issues using VLC. The video plays smoothly but surely it should direct stream.

Pc is a 3900x 32gb ram 2070 super g.card

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Cheers

CHA0SENG7NE

Hi Seanbuff I will report the the issue properly, thanks for the how to guide. Still quite new to this. I'll get there. Everyone is very helpful.

CHA0SENG7NE
6 hours ago, sooty234 said:

Where did you get the app from?

I downloaded the app from from the emby website. Is there another version I should be getting?

Cheers

CHA0SENG7NE
9 hours ago, sooty234 said:

Waiting on the logs...

Apologies for the late reply. I have just reverted back to my qnap server. I have reinstalled emby theater and now its direct playing properly?????

Im not sure what is different but its working!

GGGG.thumb.PNG.5ba0fa460bf32f07c9d4e06d6cd8f0f1.PNG

embyserver.txt

sooty234

That would imply an access issue. If theater has direct access to the file, then the server gets out of the way. Judging by your other thread, there's a network issue somewhere.

CHA0SENG7NE

This is running on the qnap server which I haven't had an issue streaming anything. The windows server caused the network issue. 

I am confused and probably something I have done wrong..

Just happy it's working now.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:39 AM, sooty234 said:

That would imply an access issue. If theater has direct access to the file, then the server gets out of the way. Judging by your other thread, there's a network issue somewhere.

It can still direct play without direct file access.

The answer to what the difference is, is that the desktop app has broader format and codec support.

sooty234
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

It can still direct play without direct file access.

The answer to what the difference is, is that the desktop app has broader format and codec support.

But that's not what he was reporting. 

On 9/22/2020 at 4:07 PM, CHA0SENG7NE said:

Hi

I'm fairly new to Emby theater. When I play a 1080p x265 sac video. The emby server will re-encode to x264. I don't have an issues using VLC. The video plays smoothly but surely it should direct stream.

Pc is a 3900x 32gb ram 2070 super g.card

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Cheers

On 9/26/2020 at 5:03 AM, CHA0SENG7NE said:

Apologies for the late reply. I have just reverted back to my qnap server. I have reinstalled emby theater and now its direct playing properly?????

Im not sure what is different but its working!

GGGG.thumb.PNG.5ba0fa460bf32f07c9d4e06d6cd8f0f1.PNG

embyserver.txt 5.89 MB · 0 downloads

There's a weird bug with something. He uses his NAS with the server installed on it, and no issues. Windows server with NAS, it transcodes.

sooty234
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok, then we'd have to look at log file examples, otherwise we can only guess.

You don't think it's related to this?

CHA0SENG7NE
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok, then we'd have to look at log file examples, otherwise we can only guess.

Hi Luke. Sorry I haven't got any log files. I was trying different things with the qnap and Windows servers regarding the freezing in the other post.

In the end I reinstalled all emby apps on my players and pc.

I played various files now with emby theater on my pc without zero issues. Just direct plays everything. Including the killer 1917 remux. 

I can send logs of it working if that would be beneficial. But I cannot repeat the issue again. 

Sorry

Dibbes

I actually had to install the "HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer" from the Windows store before I got this to work properly

sooty234
2 hours ago, Dibbes said:

I actually had to install the "HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer" from the Windows store before I got this to work properly

Use the app from the emby website.

• Like 1

Dibbes
11 hours ago, sooty234 said:

Use the app from the emby website.

I was just curious about the differences between the two (the website version is superior in almost every way, yes) and see what I had to do to get the store version to play properly... but thanks for the suggestion :-)

22 hours ago, Dibbes said:

Well done.

• Haha 1

Dibbes
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Well done.

funnily enough, about 20min after you wrote this, the store app started crashing on 720p HEVC after an update of the app... the website plays these files without any issues though