How do I install the new update?

Pain

23 minutes ago, Luke said:

@flakie for the logs path, try /volume1/Emby/logs

Thanks. One of the logs attached. I belive this was after the first time I tried the update (will check that later).

Media Scan finished really quick. Much quicker than I ever remember this before.

These lines may be part of the problem?

2020-09-23 07:55:48.362 Info App: Adding HttpListener prefix http://+:8096/
2020-09-23 07:55:48.362 Info App: Adding HttpListener prefix https://+:443/
2020-09-23 07:55:48.882 Error HttpServer: Unable to start Kestrel.

emby-log.txt

unisoft
1 hour ago, flakie said:

Thanks. One of the logs attached. I belive this was after the first time I tried the update (will check that later).

Media Scan finished really quick. Much quicker than I ever remember this before.

These lines may be part of the problem?

2020-09-23 07:55:48.362 Info App: Adding HttpListener prefix http://+:8096/
2020-09-23 07:55:48.362 Info App: Adding HttpListener prefix https://+:443/
2020-09-23 07:55:48.882 Error HttpServer: Unable to start Kestrel.

emby-log.txt 11.89 kB · 0 downloads

You've changed the Emby HTTPS port from 8920 to 443 by looks of it.

Edit SYSTEM.XML in the "config" folder of where Emby is installed and change the port back to 8920 and it will work again when you start Emby Server.

<PublicPort>8096</PublicPort>
  <PublicHttpsPort>8920</PublicHttpsPort>
  <HttpServerPortNumber>8096</HttpServerPortNumber>
  <HttpsPortNumber>8920</HttpsPortNumber>

I had this issue too. Was fine after amending this in Windows Notepad. It doesn't affect anything if you use NGINX Reverse Proxy in Synology NAS management web GUI (Application Portal > Reverse Proxy) and external HTTPS access would work as before as you redirect the port number to Emby internal HTTP 8096 there and the reverse proxy just does the external facing HTTPS stuff and your LAN network has quicker access just using HTTP on 8096.

If you didn't use the Reverse Proxy and just set the settings in Emby for external access, then you might have to change any port forwarding from 443 to 8920 and declare that port for the server login details on a client.

Luke might suggest otherwise, but it seems similar to my error. See what the lines in your SYSTEM.XML state compared to the ones expected above....

Synology NGINX Reverse Proxy setup (example) attached.

Domain is the domain you have an SSL cert attached to that re-directs to your router's IP Address and gets port forwarded in your router configuration to Emby NAS Sever e.g. on port 8925. Your domain name hosting provider usually has to be configured at DNS level to forward to the IP address (usually static IP OR a long term dynamic IP address like on cable broadband in UK). If your domain name registration vendor has a good online management facility, then you can always change the IP address without affecting the SSL cert, but just be aware that some DNS lookup will be down while the change replicates out. In the UK this is fast and its been like 30 minutes for me, other countries might be longer.

ReverseProxy.JPG

Edited by unisoft

3 minutes ago, unisoft said:

You've changed the Emby HTTPS port from 8920 to 443 by looks of it.

Edit SYSTEM.XML in the "config" folder of where Emby is installed and change the port back to 8920 and it will work again when you start Emby Server.

<PublicPort>8096</PublicPort>
  <PublicHttpsPort>8920</PublicHttpsPort>
  <HttpServerPortNumber>8096</HttpServerPortNumber>
  <HttpsPortNumber>8920</HttpsPortNumber>

I had this issue too. Was fine after amending this in Windows Notepad.

Luke might suggest otherwise, but it seems similar to my error.

Cheers I will give that a go later. Have someone coming around that is interested in Emby so need to show them it working first :)

unisoft
3 minutes ago, flakie said:

Cheers I will give that a go later. Have someone coming around that is interested in Emby so need to show them it working first :)

slightly amended my original post to describe the Reverse Proxy a little bit more for anyone visiting the forums that was phased by the word :)

2 minutes ago, unisoft said:

slightly amended my original post to describe the Reverse Proxy a little bit more for anyone visiting the forums that was phased by the word :)

No worries. I must have done that accidentally when wanting to chnage the remote port. I figured I could just change it in emby as I already rolled it back. I have time to do the update again now  as it was really quick to oll back earlier.

unisoft
6 minutes ago, flakie said:

No worries. I must have done that accidentally when wanting to chnage the remote port. I figured I could just change it in emby as I already rolled it back. I have time to do the update again now  as it was really quick to oll back earlier.

always check what the SYSTEM.XML has in it as this is authoritative :) Just a double check to be safe before doing the upgrade or for fixing a broken one with this type of error....

13 minutes ago, unisoft said:

All good now after the update when changing the local port back beforehand. I am running Reverse proxy and all is good there too :)

• Like 1

unisoft
9 minutes ago, flakie said:

All good now after the update when changing the local port back beforehand. I am running Reverse proxy and all is good there too :)

That's great. Remember if using the Reverse Proxy then the Emby details for 'Allow remote connections to this Emby Server' can be unticked in Emby menu option 'Networking' as RP handles it all. It just needs to be on default 8920 port there for HTTPS from what I can see from Luke's explanation in a different thread.

Edited by unisoft

• 4 months later...

Dear all,

I've the DS216J SYNOLOGY NAS and I don't understand the version to download. I see armada38x but I don't find this version.

Thank you for your help

Edited by Menama

• 2 years later...
vlopez4574

Hi,

I have the DS223 w/ Realtek RTD1619B CPU. Im trying to figure out which emby server package to download and install? The next step for me is to actually install it and im having a hard time as to how. Is there a step by step process I can look at? 

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, vlopez4574 said:

Hi,

I have the DS223 w/ Realtek RTD1619B CPU. Im trying to figure out which emby server package to download and install? The next step for me is to actually install it and im having a hard time as to how. Is there a step by step process I can look at? 

What DSM version do you have?

But pretty sure the 64 bit package

image.png.ec35a52c71a643afea22e600f4243b93.png

vlopez4574

I've seen that, but I guess I need my hand held like a 5 yr old to get walked thru this process. I know it has to be done thru the DSM interface, my question is "where do I start?" 

10 hours ago, vlopez4574 said:

I've seen that, but I guess I need my hand held like a 5 yr old to get walked thru this process. I know it has to be done thru the DSM interface, my question is "where do I start?" 

Hi, why not just install from DSM Package Center?

On 3/21/2023 at 3:13 PM, vlopez4574 said:

Because the server update isn't available there, unless it is now?

Well we did submit 4.7.11 to Synology, so hopefully it will be available soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Oracle
On 3/20/2023 at 2:59 PM, vlopez4574 said:

In DSM7, go to Package Center -> Installed -> Emby Media Server -> Manual Install.

Download the latest server package from the download page on the Emby website, then select that package in the prompt that appears. Go through the wizard. It is a straightforward process from there.

Beats having to wait for Synology to approve the package.