Media browser 3 crashes when running.

Dan68

Help.

I have been using media center and media browser for awhile now, but since I have upgraded to windows 8.1, I have nothing but problems.  I have researched as much as I can and have tried every suggestion I can find, nothing seems to help.

When I run MB3, it runs for awhile, then it no longer responds.  None of the player buttons work.  Then I get the infamous "Media Browser 3 has stopped responding.  You will be returned to media center", or words to that effect.  Many times it even freezes the computer (i.e.  ctrl + alt + del) works, but I can't even open my task manager.  I have to sign out so it forces the program to cIose.  I have reloaded both media server and MB3 client.  Yes, I am running the released version, not the beta.  I have ensured my windows is up to date. Love the program, worked great with windows 7. I upgraded from the browser to the server, no issues. Windows 8, it has been nothing but problems.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Deihmos

How did you upgrade to windows 8.1? If it isn't a clean install I would suggest that you do a clean install. I am using it and I find WMC to work a little better on 8.

Sent from my HP ENVY 17 Leap Motion SE NB PC using Tapatalk

Windows 8 (any type) is a pain in the rear.  I also use Logitech gaming board, mouse, and headsets.  They refuse to make drivers for it.  They are waiting for an upgrade to windows 8.2 or 9.

Unfortunately, as I understand it, there is no reverting back to windows 7.  It is a matter of reloading.  That is going to stink, but you are probably right.  Until they get this windows 8 crap figured out. (or ditch it, like they are planning on). 

Thanks.