SSL External problem

simjan

Hi!

Thanks for the update. I have two problems I´d like to raise:

1. It seems that after the 19/9 or perhaps the dlna update (I cant really say when but I noticed it very recently) chromecast stopped working with external certificate. I can connect but as soon as I start to play something it just keeps loading and never starts the stream. I have tried a number of changes to my firewall etc but the problem remains and seems to be with Emby since all other services casts normally, ie Netflix, YouTube,  etc.

2. After the last update (22/9) I noticed that all my external emby functions are completely dead. The server is not recognised/seen by my proxy so it appears to be shut down when I try to connect with external adress and certificate. However, I can connect via direct lan adress and find the server and play tings. Have tried to reset and reload cert etc but nothing.

Do I need to change anything  because of the updates to get this working again or did something go very wrong with these last updates? I would appreciate a quick fix since this just about completely breaks emby.

Regards

Edited by simjan

Nothing, I get a 503 service unavailable if i try to connect via browser. In HAProxy the status is shown as server down. But it isn´t down... lan ip works as I mentioned. 

I`ve also checked the network settings in emby but they seem to be as they were before so no change there. The cert is valid and not expired.

Edited by simjan

1 hour ago, alihussain82 said:

I now have the haproxy working for the latest version. I changed the backend Health check method from http to basic. 

Thanks for the feedback !

Hi! Haven´t had time to try the http/2 tip. But changing the health check method worked for me as well so I can now connect externally. 

However Chromecast still doesnt work.

4 hours ago, simjan said:

Hi! Haven´t had time to try the http/2 tip. But changing the health check method worked for me as well so I can now connect externally. 

However Chromecast still doesnt work.

Hi there, what does "doesn't work" mean?

On 9/23/2020 at 10:20 AM, alihussain82 said:

I now have the haproxy working for the latest version. I changed the backend Health check method from http to basic. 

@alihussain82 curious, how did you determine this?

alihussain82
4 hours ago, Luke said:

@alihussain82 curious, how did you determine this?

I read somewhere that the Health check method might cause problems for certain web hosting, I played around with it to get it working for Emby. 

28 minutes ago, alihussain82 said:

I read somewhere that the Health check method might cause problems for certain web hosting, I played around with it to get it working for Emby. 

Do you know where you read that? 

alihussain82
44 minutes ago, Luke said:

Do you know where you read that? 

Sorry I went through a few site to find a solution to this. Can't find this site at the moment will post if I came across it again. 

I know of older posts mentioning issues with Health Check (was bitten by it myself) but they are older posts and the software has been updated.
So date of posts about issues is important!

alihussain82

My server was updated this morning to the same version (4.5.0.50) as to when it was updated a few days ago. And now haproxy all working fine even with Health check method set to HTTP.

1 minute ago, alihussain82 said:

My server was updated this morning to the same version (4.5.0.50) as to when it was updated a few days ago. And now haproxy all working fine even with Health check method set to HTTP.

Are you on Docker? Then yes you might already have the fix ahead of time, but we'll have a 4.5.1 release later today that includes it.

• Like 1

alihussain82
Just now, Luke said:

Are you on Docker? Then yes you might already have the fix ahead of time, but we'll have a 4.5.1 release later today that includes it.

Yes I'm on Docker

56 minutes ago, Luke said:

Super, Carlo might get some sleep this week. LOL