Please add Opensubtitle's Brazilian Portuguese language option for subtitles download

DanPaiva

DanPaiva

Hi!

Please, could you add the BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE (PT-BR) language option for subtitles download?

Brazilian Portuguese is *VERY* different from regular Portuguese - the only language available for sub download right now in MediaBrowser3 Server.

Opensubtitles has distinct sections for both languages (Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese).

Until the Brazilian Portuguese option is added, the download subtitles feature is unusable for us Brazilians for now...

Thanks for the great work so far!

Dan

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

+1 to that.

What i had to do is disable subtitles in mediabrowser and use filebot.

Using filebot i can get pb (portuguese brazil) instead of pt (portugal portuguese). They get named file.pob.srt and file.por.srt

Mediabrowser just get .por files :/

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
DanPaiva

Hi. As cyberrep mentioned, the languages available in Emby Server are different than the languages on opensubtitles.org.

Here's a visual comparison:

553599e7a768d_EmbyPTBR.png

Portuguese-BR is NOT available on Emby Server (on left in the above image) but it is on opensubtitles (right).

Is there any way we can update some xml file and manually add Brazilian Portuguese language to Emby Server? Or does it depend on you making a binaries update?

Looking forward to use the subtitles auto download feature with Brazilian Portuguese!

Thanks again for the attention and superb work!

Dan

FUN FACT: Brazilian Portuguese subtitles outnumber Portuguese subtitles 2:1 on some searches I just performed on opensubtitles.org  ;-)

Edited by DanPaiva
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
cyberrep

Finally I found a solution for us.

Use firefox with add-on firebug

Open

-Metadados

-Subtitles

go to Portuguese

Press F12 (Firebug console will be open)

Click on the Cursor (the blue one)

558407235e9dc_cursor.jpg

Stop the curso on Portuguese and click.

Below, on the last line, you can see "<input bla bla bla data-lang="por">

Change "por" to "pob" and press enter.

click in Save.

That´s it

Now Emby can download Portubuese Brasil Subtitles for us!

55840732bb48c_pob.jpg

dfduarte

I might wait an official solution, filebot has been working great once i got it set up and running.

But yeah, we really need this. Most people here depend on subtitles and we have a very big subtitle community.

• 5 weeks later...
marcosvfc

Cyberrep, what you mean with "Save"? Save Emby configs? Unfortunately, this doesn't work here, can't say what i do wrong but, i found this lines and change POR to POB, then i just pressed enter ( i can't find a ''save" in firebug). Sorry my english. Ajuda aí!

• 1 month later...

Hey, only today i noticed we have brazilian portuguese as an option to download subtitles. Thanks for that, it seems to be working great, i already got some .pob.srt files downloaded :D

CarlosLima

About this subtitle there is an error in Emby.
lthough only quote the OpenSubtitles server, in fact it also accepts the credentials of Legendas.tv server.
I auditioned and got download subtitles in .POB resulting from this new service, more suitable for the Brazilians.

Edited by Gato_Guga