Deleted transcoding-temp folder -> Admin Dashboard gone!

GuteFilme

GuteFilme

Hello,

after the transcoding-temp folder got really full and a restart of Emby was not possible (disk full and ubuntu wouldnt start emby up again) I manually deleted the whole /var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp folder.

After that the Admin-Dashboard was gone. I could only access it by putting in the direct URL into the browser manually as you can see on the screens provided. Also in the "Logs" area there were no logs to download. But I found the log in /var/lib/emby/logs so I can provide it here.
Also functions like activating Debug-Logging or restarting the Server are not possible anymore. Creating or deleting users still works.

I hope you can help me.

PS: Updating to the beta broke creating users or deleting users (no users are shown), so I downgraded back to 4.4.3

dashboard.jpg

logs.jpg

embyserver.txt

Edited by GuteFilme

GuteFilme

The whole Admin Server Dashboard is gone. Here is a screen how it SHOULD look like, I marked what is missing in the top pictures.

I didnt modify anything else but deleting the transcode-temp folder.

dashboard2.jpg

logs2.jpg

Edited by GuteFilme

GuteFilme
On 9/24/2020 at 6:39 PM, cayars said:

Quick question. When you downgraded back to 4.4.3 is everything working again? 

It was not working in 4.4.3. Only User creation or deletion was still working. When I upgraded to 4.5 even that was broken. Downgrading recovered this functionality. Nevertheless I cant edit a user (also not in 4.4.3) once it is created. It just loads endlessly after using Save button.

I also created a second admin user but this one also has no admin dashboard.

Everything you mention sounds like a browser cache issue.

Empty your browser cache and restart it.

1 minute ago, GuteFilme said:

Tried it with different browsers, cache was emptied.

I will write cayars a message with the admin login so that he can have a look.

Happy to help however I can.

GuteFilme

ok I managed to find the error.

The user somehow lost admin rights. Luckily there was another User-Account (a Bot) I forgot about which had admin rights. Which now revealed a big security issue:

All users (even without admin rights) have access (only visual) to the Server-Dashboard when they enter the direct URL:

https://Serverurl.com/web/index.html#!/dashboard

I dont think that this is intended?

Edited by GuteFilme

3 minutes ago, GuteFilme said:

ok I managed to find the error.

The user somehow lost admin rights. Luckily there was another User-Account (a Bot) I forgot about which had admin rights. Which now revealed a big security issue:

All users (even without admin rights) have access to the Server-Dashboard when they enter the direct URL:

https://Serverurl.com/web/index.html#!/dashboard

I dont think that this is intended?

They can hit the url but they will only see data that they have permission to see.

GuteFilme
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

They can hit the url but they will only see data that they have permission to see.

They have the permission to see what other users are watching right now. Why?