Error playing content tagged in Emby Server 4.5.0.50

the1poet

A library I created for my children can no longer play content when the account has tag limitations in place, and every episode of something I've checked so far has the Version drop down appear (when viewed in a browser), with what I can tell is every other item in the library listed as an alternative version.

I am running the official Emby docker, on unRAID.

Scenario goes (with tags):

• Library: Kids TV
  • User account: Parental Control > Restrict Items with Tags > Tag1 (allow only items with these tags)
  • Shows: Only those I've tagged are visible to my child
  • Symptom: any content I view has the "Version" drop down,
    image.png.7f5ad4c44d2d8557bc978d6ee376e3b1.png
    and if I try to play the episode, it eventually fails with the error "Playback error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details"
    image.png.957d0824ac2f5a6ce79a28522d1943c7.png

Scenario goes (without tags):

• Library: Kids TV
  • User account: Parental Control > Restrict Items with Tags > removed all tags
  • Symptom: No version list
    image.png.94bbc9d289c1d2b39878a1894534b00a.png
    and the video plays without error.

embyserver.zip

Edited by the1poet
attach server log

I want to try to reproduce this.

Can you tell us how you applied the TAGs to the shows? Show level, season or episode?

Just curious, but any reason you couldn't have just used the standard "G" rating or similar?

Edited by cayars

15 minutes ago, cayars said:

I want to try to reproduce this.

Can you tell us how you applied the TAGs to the shows? Show level, season or episode?

Just curious, but any reason you couldn't have just used the standard "G" rating or similar?

Hi,
The tags were applied at the Show level.
I avoided using rating system, as I didn't always agree with what was rated a certain way for certain age groups.
For example, 2001: A Space Oddyssey is rated G in Australia, but I don't think is appropriate for children.

Some other shows that are aimed at primary age children is rated G, but again I wouldn't exactly say it's appropriate for pre-schoolers.

I understand.  Don't know if you thought of this or not but you could do a "G" rating and take a look at the list (apply "G" rating to yourself and also add a parental tag exclusion "Ghide" so that it won't show content with that tag.  Now go view the movies and shows.  Anything you think is more than "G" apply the tag "Ghide" to.

That should be less overall work and I bet "fixes" the problem you reported.  I used to do this.  Ghide, PGhide, etc.  I just use the rating it showed up in like the "G" filter followed by hide to make it clear I'm hiding this content for "G" users or "PG" users. 

It's worth a try anyway and I guess depends on how much stuff shows up in "G" that you don't want or don't think fits.

35 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to play? Thanks.

Hi Luke,

I've edited and attached the log to my original post.

Thanks

1 minute ago, cayars said:

I understand.  Don't know if you thought of this or not but you could do a "G" rating and take a look at the list (apply "G" rating to yourself and also add a parental tag exclusion "Ghide" so that it won't show content with that tag.  Now go view the movies and shows.  Anything you think is more than "G" apply the tag "Ghide" to.

That should be less overall work and I bet "fixes" the problem you reported.  I used to do this.  Ghide, PGhide, etc.  I just use the rating it showed up in like the "G" filter followed by hide to make it clear I'm hiding this content for "G" users or "PG" users. 

It's worth a try anyway and I guess depends on how much stuff shows up in "G" that you don't want or don't think fits.

Hi carars,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a player around later. Still would be good to work out what's causing this bug.

seanbuff
29 minutes ago, the1poet said:

Hi,
The tags were applied at the Show level.
I avoided using rating system, as I didn't always agree with what was rated a certain way for certain age groups.
For example, 2001: A Space Oddyssey is rated G in Australia, but I don't think is appropriate for children.

Some other shows that are aimed at primary age children is rated G, but again I wouldn't exactly say it's appropriate for pre-schoolers.

This is what 'Custom Ratings' are for. You don't touch the main rating, but simply add a custom rating that you believe is more appropriate

image.png.d85d5f9315564c5c36b08e373a2588f4.png

• Like 1