Slow loading on a large file - Roku Emby server

RokuGuys

RokuGuys

Yes I just noticed the server got updated yesterday.

Bought a shield pro and that solved my file loading issue. Now it plays fine with TrueHD and Atmos in Plex/Emby. 🙂

Turned out it was Roku Ultra where the bottle neck was restricting the bandwidth. There goes my $100 down the sewer.😔

RokuGuys
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Would you mind trying the 4.6.0.2 beta server to see how it compares? Thanks.

Ok I will. An issue I noticed so far is Emby doesn't play TrueHD files in shield properly due to incompatible container.(mpegts) The TrueHD gets transcoded to Dolby(losing Atmos) though only the container has compatibility issue. Plex plays just fine.

26 minutes ago, RokuGuys said:

Ok I will. An issue I noticed so far is Emby doesn't play TrueHD files in shield properly due to incompatible container.(mpegts) The TrueHD gets transcoded to Dolby(losing Atmos) though only the container has compatibility issue. Plex plays just fine.

Hi.  Please post details in the Android TV area but I imagine this is due to some other factor causing the need for a remux or a transcode which then makes it necessary to convert the audio as well.

RokuGuys
On 10/4/2020 at 10:48 AM, Luke said:

Would you mind trying the 4.6.0.2 beta server to see how it compares? Thanks.

Just clarifying. My Emby server runs in Windows. Not sure if I can run the beta version you are talking about.