Change source for channel

Bert

Here in Chicago CBS 2 broadcasts on 2.1 and 48.3. I want it to show the 2.1 in the guide, however, actually tune to 48.3 (a much better signal). I assume I can map channels to accomplish this but would I map 48.3 to 2.1 or vice versa? 

Go to map channels and scroll down to channel 48.2.  Now map that to guide channel 2.1.

This way both 2.1 & 38.2 both have the guide data for 2.1

Here's how to map channels from our Knowledge Base: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848809-live-tv-channel-mapping

Next and option you can go to Live TV.

Switch to Channels tab up top.

Find channel 2.1 and hover over it with your mouse and in the bottom right corner a 3 dot menu will appear.  Click on it.

Select Edit MetaData from that menu.

Scroll Down to the Tag section and click the + sign to add a Tag

Give the tag the name "Hide" or "HideChannel".

Click SAVE button.

Next go to each user on your system and edit the user (test with yourself first).

Go to the Parental Control tab

Scroll down to "Restrict Items With Tags" and click the + sign.

Add the same tag you set previously like "Hide"

Make sure option "Tag restriction mode:" is set to Block items with these tags

Now go look at your guide and you should not see channel 2.1 since it's now hidden from users.

The listings are already correctly mapped. I was looking for a way to make 2.1 actually tune 48.3 when selected. I want it in the guide as 2.1 because it's really CBS 2 and most users would think of it that way. Possibly, can't be done. 

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

I have 5 HDHR because I am a crazy person. 

Nothing crazy about that.  I've got a collection of tuners myself for Cable and OTA plus IPTV (Locast & TVE).

With the HDHomeRuns you can play a little trick with them.  Instead of setting them up in Emby as HDHomeRun you can create a M3U file for the tuners. One file per tuner.

Then you just remove the 2.1 channel from the file.  You then take the channel 48.3 and renumber it 2.1 (so it still tunes to 48.3).  You can also easily remove any channels you don't want to see such as foreign language or shopping channels. :)

I've got a simple python script if you want it that can generate the m3u files for you ready for editing.  I could give you a hand with this if you like as I can do it quite quickly.

Let me know if you want to do this.

Carlo