4.5.0.50 Reboot Bug??

troyhough

troyhough
On 9/21/2020 at 1:30 PM, troyhough said:

Got a notification for a server upgrade this morning so I ran it. I tried the "restart" function via both the Chrome Android web version (4.4.3.48) and the Android app (3.1.38) and neither worked on 4.5.0.50. If I right-click Emby in the system tray from the server itself and choose 'restart' it works as it's supposed to.

I just tried the restart option in the Emby Android app (4.4.3.49) and Android Web Mobile (3.1.39). Both seem to be working fine again. Thanks

homelabsol

Firewall is off. No issue with the firewall. I tested it again this morning and even from internal i can't access it. See attached. I tried accessing it via ip address and port 8906 and 8920, however, both is not working. As i mentioned, i have experienced this on this update ONLY.

unable to access emby.JPG

unable to access emby2.JPG

Edited by homelabsol
Will add screenshot

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, homelabsol said:

Firewall is off. No issue with the firewall. I tested it again this morning and even from internal i can't access it. See attached. I tried accessing it via ip address and port 8906 and 8920, however, both is not working. As i mentioned, i have experienced this on this update ONLY.

unable to access emby.JPG

unable to access emby2.JPG

That first error would suggest the system does not support HTTP2.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/90114-ssl-issue-in-chromefirefox-after-upgrade-to-latest/

But the url in first image will not be accessible or refreshable as no dlgxxxxxxxxxxxxx pop-ups are.

homelabsol

Thanks Happy2. I'll try it again later. For now i just restored my previous snapshot. Later i will try to update again or will move my emby to 2016 server instead.

homelabsol

I have another concern, it seems your new version is not good for network mapping.  The path of my movie files can't reach the network when trying to add new folder from the library. I'm always getting path could not be found which it doesn't happen on my previous server. Im currently upgraded to server 2016. I tried again the network path of my movies from my old emby on server 2012 r2 and it seems i don't have any issue on it. Also, i tried to do a manual backup from 2012 r2 to 2016, it copied everything, but when im playing the movies, due to the network path problem, i always get this error. Any solution? Please bear in mind, i don't have firewall, my network setup is normal. I tried to do the network path on server 2016 itself and i don't have any problem mapping the location. I only experienced the network mapping problem from emby.

emby error.JPG

13 hours ago, homelabsol said:

I have another concern, it seems your new version is not good for network mapping.  The path of my movie files can't reach the network when trying to add new folder from the library. I'm always getting path could not be found which it doesn't happen on my previous server. Im currently upgraded to server 2016. I tried again the network path of my movies from my old emby on server 2012 r2 and it seems i don't have any issue on it. Also, i tried to do a manual backup from 2012 r2 to 2016, it copied everything, but when im playing the movies, due to the network path problem, i always get this error. Any solution? Please bear in mind, i don't have firewall, my network setup is normal. I tried to do the network path on server 2016 itself and i don't have any problem mapping the location. I only experienced the network mapping problem from emby.

emby error.JPG

Hi, let's look at an example. Please see how to report a media playback issue. thanks !