How to compile for Asustor?

sandro_rocha_1982

sandro_rocha_1982

Good Morning. I am not a programmer but I would like to know how you can compile Emby for Asustor, which tools you use, which operating system, which development tools, which commands, etc. I looked for the Asustor development center but I didn't understand it very well, the instructions are very vague. Maybe with a success story (Emby) I could learn. Could any of you show me how it is?

sandro_rocha_1982
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, we don't have a way for you to do this. What are you ultimately trying to accomplish?

The thing is, I used to use some applications on my NAS but they were out of date and ended up abandoned by Asustor. I don't want to use Docker for security reasons. So I thought that someone who did a correct compilation for the NAS, could show me how to do it. I used Linux about 12 years ago but the process to create the pkgs for Asustor seemed a little confusing.

We already do that for you though, we provide a native Asustor package on the download page of our website. You don't need to use Docker.

sandro_rocha_1982
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

We already do that for you though, we provide a native Asustor package on the download page of our website. You don't need to use Docker.

I know and thank you very much for the native package. I just wanted to understand the process for updating some applications that were abandoned by Asustor. But thanks anyway.