Legal IPTV Help

sross44

sross44

I'm not sure if people are willing to help or not.... and if not, please let me know... but what does everyone use for a legal IPTV service? What is the positives/drawbacks etc? I currently use YouTube TV and honestly would like to be able to integrate something into Emby for a one stop shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi,

Have you considered OTA (over the air) broadcasts either from an antenna/tuner combination or from Locast?  That would give you all the local channels in your area.

It's very difficult to get a legal IPTV service that gives you an M3U file to be used in your own apps.  Normally you have to use the providers apps or web service.  One work around is using TV Everywhere through Channels DVR which can export an M3U to Emby.  You can get most of the national network channels through TVE and some locals.  But this solution will add $8 a month for Channels DVR.  But it supports other services besides Youtube for the login needed for TVE use so you can likely find a cheaper service saving money in the end.  It can also use a Comcast/Xfinity, Verizon, Spectrum or many other cable provider logins as well.

sross44

I have tried using an antenna. Unfortunately I don't live in an area where an antenna really works as I live between two mountain ranges. The TV everywhere option is a good idea and I'll look in to it. 

Through Channels DVR you can use both TVE and Locast so you'd get both the national and locals that way.