Question about hardware

gutterpunk13

AFFASocial

In my suggestions HENCE i'm only using Emby Server and the emby app for Android I and I only use the BOXSET and backup Plugins,  AND yes the builds have performed best for how I use Emby Premiere.   I hope this will help many and for me FANTASTIC :)  Kepp up the fantastic work EMBY Crew

ALSO you must put all files from the build bin folder into the emby ffmpeg/sub folder .exe .dll ect all the files not just the .exe files

Edited by cnjnorton

vaise

Hi,

What is the current best remote client (wired) for no/limited transcoding ?

Roku 4?

ATV4 ?

Some sort of Android TV box ?

Nvidia ?

Raspberry PI ?

I currently have 6 Roku 3's.  Tons of media and I cant control what the kids each watch.  Recorded TV is done via NextPVR and they always transcode since moving off the XBOX360 extenders (.ts file), other files are hit and miss but as I dont have control over what the kids do, if I am unlucky we get three transcode's and a world of hurt on the PC.  I am considering upgrading the CPU from G3258 to an I5-4460 (as I only have 1150 socket) - which I hope will assist with three transcodes at the same time.  Anyone comment on that ? - would cost me $259.  PC is always on 24/7 so I expect a bit of a power jump.

Thanks.

thefranklin

So did anyone know what changed to cause the OP'S problem?

I have seen this issue starting at about the same time, too.

Thanks,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

So did anyone know what changed to cause the OP'S problem?

I have seen this issue starting at about the same time, too.

Thanks,

Hi there, welcome ! The original posting is from two years ago. Please open a new topic and supply the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks!

thefranklin

Lol, Got me. Didn't even think to check the year. Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
Starlionblue

Hi,

What is the current best remote client (wired) for no/limited transcoding ?

Roku 4?

ATV4 ?

Nvidia ?

Raspberry PI ?

I currently have 6 Roku 3's.  Tons of media and I cant control what the kids each watch.  Recorded TV is done via NextPVR and they always transcode since moving off the XBOX360 extenders (.ts file), other files are hit and miss but as I dont have control over what the kids do, if I am unlucky we get three transcode's and a world of hurt on the PC.  I am considering upgrading the CPU from G3258 to an I5-4460 (as I only have 1150 socket) - which I hope will assist with three transcodes at the same time.  Anyone comment on that ? - would cost me $259.  PC is always on 24/7 so I expect a bit of a power jump.

Thanks.

Having tried a few of those, an Intel NUC running Windows 10 and Emby Theater has given me the best bang for the buck. No need for a very high-end version of the NUC either. There's an IR thingy built in and it works very well with my Harmony Remote.

Yes it costs more than a Roku or XBox or Apple TV or whatnot, but unlike those it can handle sound output to my receiver in a civilized fashion. Maybe I'm a cranky old man but I can't stand it when the Apple TV decides to rework a perfectly fine Dolby Digital 5.1 stream into something else while the Windows machine just passes it on nicely to the receiver.

Edited by Starlionblue

justdrooit

"Roku 4?

ATV4 ?

Nvidia ?

Raspberry PI ?"

The best Bang for the Buck option in my opinion is an Android M8S II Mini TV Box with 2GB memory. They're about $49 on Amazon Prime, or if you can wait, Gearbest has them for $37 and free shipping (from China or EU) and comes complete with remote and HDMI cable.

The T95M TV Boxes can be found for a little less and do pretty well too - I'd just recommend getting one of the ones with 2GB instead of the 1GB version.

That's solely my opinion.