Playback Stuttering

DannyBoy135i

DannyBoy135i

Hey guys. I hope you all well. 

I am looking for some assistance with regards to the Emby player on a Samsung Tizen tv. Some episodes stutter on playback.
TV is currently wired but makes no difference if its on WIFI or WIRED. I have installed the emby app via the store as well as the USB installation and the same problem occurs

I have noticed that if the file has a EAC3 audio format that is when the problem occurs, other formats like AAC and so on works fine without a problem. 
I also have a 2nd older version Samsung smart tv that uses the Orsay Player and this one works without any issues. 

If i can ask for some assistance to find the cause of the issue please it would be gladly appreciated

FrostByte

When it's stuttering is the movie Direct Streaming or Transcoding by chance?  

Can you provide the following

1. Server log
  2. Transcode /remux log
  3. model of Tizen TV
  4. The app version you're running on your Tizen TV (1.0.84 is the latest)
  5. a screenshot of the mediainfo for the movie which is stuttering in your log

A lot of times with the stuttering or buffering with a spinning circle types of symptoms come from playing 4K video while converting audio to something the TV supports.

Edited by FrostByte

DannyBoy135i

Hello FrostBite thanks for the reply. 

Model of TV -  Samsung UA65MU7000
App Version - Updated this morning to 1.0.84, however the problem has been on going for a few versions. 
Direct Playing of the episode. 
Server - Synology NAS server

Just the playback stutters in between playback and continues playing without a spinning circle

embyserver (1).txt

It looks like you have a low bitrate set, either in the user settings on the server, or selected in the playback quality setting on the client.

020-09-21 11:51:59.832 Info MediaInfoService: User policy for embysvr. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
2020-09-21 11:51:59.832 Info MediaInfoService: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 4659509, max bitrate: 1500000
2020-09-21 11:51:59.832 Info MediaInfoService: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 4659509, max bitrate: 1500000
2020-09-21 11:51:59.833 Info MediaInfoService: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 4659509, max bitrate: 1500000
2020-09-21 11:51:59.833 Info MediaInfoService: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 4659509, max bitrate: 1500000
2020-09-21 11:51:59.833 Info MediaInfoService: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 4659509, max bitrate: 1500000
2020-09-21 11:51:59.833 Info MediaInfoService: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 4659509, max bitrate: 1500000

This will force transcoding which may cause issues.

Is the server on the same network as the TV, or is it remote?

Edited by SamES

DannyBoy135i

They are both on the same network. 
I have changed the settings on the playback and on the server and increased the bit rate and doesnt make a difference.
Some series and movies do the same thing where they start to stutter and then others with the same Video Codec/Audio Codec and format play perfectly fine.

Next time this occurs can you please confirm whether it is DirectPlay, DirectStream or Transcoding?  You can see this in Stats for nerds on the TV, or on the server dashboard.

If it is DirectStream or Transcoding can you please attach the ffmpeg logs from the server.  Thanks

On 21/09/2020 at 19:30, FrostByte said:

When it's stuttering is the movie Direct Streaming or Transcoding by chance?  

Can you provide the following

1. Server log
  2. Transcode /remux log
  3. model of Tizen TV
  4. The app version you're running on your Tizen TV (1.0.84 is the latest)
  5. a screenshot of the mediainfo for the movie which is stuttering in your log

A lot of times with the stuttering or buffering with a spinning circle types of symptoms come from playing 4K video while converting audio to something the TV supports.

So for the DirectPlay example, can you please supply this information so that we can assist further.

DannyBoy135i

So the log provided was a example of the episode on Direct play. 

As for the other information :

Model of TV -  Samsung UA65MU7000
App Version - Updated this morning to 1.0.84, however the problem has been on going for a few versions. 
Direct Playing of the episode. 
Server - Synology NAS server

Just the playback stutters in between playback and continues playing without a spinning circle

FrostByte

Can you post the media info for that?  It should be at the bottom of the details screen on the server.  Just do a print screen or something and paste it in here.  Also, the server version number?  

DannyBoy135i

So the server is a xpenology setup on a desktop board and cpu. 

CPU is a G4560 processor with 8GB Ram 
Synology is installed on a 120GB WD green SSD 
DS918+ on version DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2
Emby Server version is 4.4.3.0-1

Media Information screenshot attached

MediaInfo.JPG

Edited by DannyBoy135i

DannyBoy135i

OK perfect thanks for that. I have installed the latest version 4.5.0.50 and the same problem exists with the playback stuttering on the server.

FrostByte

The dashboard says it's direct playing, but the remux log would indicate otherwise

I don't think your two logs match up.  Remux and server log are from different versions of server

@DannyBoy135iyour screenshot looks like from stats for nerds on the TV.  Can you post a pic of the mediainfo from the server please?  It's at the very bottom of the movie page.

It should look like this

mi.jpg.18b8b19d161ece72ac70502a6bf730b0.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

Are you trying to show any subtitles?  Please turn them all off on the details screen before starting playback and try again please.

DannyBoy135i

Attached is the media information. 

Server is set to no subtitles.. will check the settings on the TV plugin to make sure

MediaInfo1.JPG

Edited by DannyBoy135i

• 2 weeks later...
SamES

Can you please attach an updated server log with debug on?  Just let us know what time you tried to playback a file.  Is it all videos, or just particular ones that are an issue?

• 1 year later...
Leader2light

I have this exact same issue.  EAC3 6ch audio causes lag and stutter issues.  Samsung tv 6 series from 2016, while the OP's tv is a 7 series Samsung from 2017.  

Video is direct playing from a local emby server with good specs.  

I wonder if this is a TV hardware issue.