"Unlock is not purchased"

herki

Hi there,

Did the one time "unlock app" successfully on my 2 fire sticks - third one arrived. Did the "restore unlock". Get the "unlock is not purchased". Working on other 2 still. All under the same home/same amazon account.

Even tried to subscribe monthly  due to frustration - nothing happens.

Help is appreciated. thanks.

2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Are you sure that device has access to the Amazon store?

Yes. Was able to redownload other apps and use MrMC app which is a paid app as well. That one doesn't require me to "repurchase" though. It just downloaded and started.

14 hours ago, herki said:

Sent at 7:49 from herki 

thanks 

Thanks.  It looks like everything is working fine but Amazon is simply reporting it as not purchased.  You are 100% sure it is logged into the same Amazon account?

You said nothing happens if you try to purchase the unlock on that device?  That would indicate some sort of issue with the store if that is so.  Is there any error message?

misterpunn

I am also having this same issue. Should I start my own post or handle it through here? I am positive it is under the same amazon account and I also synced my purchases on my Fire TV box.

1 hour ago, misterpunn said:

I am also having this same issue. Should I start my own post or handle it through here? I am positive it is under the same amazon account and I also synced my purchases on my Fire TV box.

Hi. Did you select the "Restore Unlock" button in the Emby app?

6 hours ago, misterpunn said:

I did but was able to resolve this via personal message. Thanks anywway!

Hello,

Don't know who you PMed privately but If you go to the amazon store and look up Emby app in the store, how many entries do you see?  Do you see 2? Does one of them have the payment amount? If you only have one entry or it says $0.00 you never purchase the app and need to in order to unlock it.

If you do have a receipt with a payment send me or ebr a PM to get this resolved.

If you're not sure what I'm asking just PM a copy of any Amazon "purchases" you see in the store and I can go over it with you and help you resolve this.

Carlo

1 hour ago, Vfvg said:

I have the same problem but i do have both purchases  ...the app and the unlock ...can you help please 

Hi  what exactly happens and what device is trying to be unlocked?

What device was used for the original purchase?

Thanks

Hi its my firestick the emby app keeps putting up unlock not purchased ...i have tried all routes uninstalling ..reinstalling pressing restore unlock but still ...its as if i havent purchased the app and unlock which i have ...i have my receipt ..it worked fine when i bought it oct 2019 ..but havent used my stick in a while but now it dont work at all .thank you 

Edited by Vfvg

2 hours ago, Vfvg said:

Hi its my firestick the emby app keeps putting up unlock not purchased ...i have tried all routes uninstalling ..reinstalling pressing restore unlock but still ...its as if i havent purchased the app and unlock which i have ...i have my receipt ..it worked fine when i bought it oct 2019 ..but havent used my stick in a while but now it dont work at all .thank you 

I see the PM you sent and that does look like a valid purchase and should allow for this to be unlocked.

Can you check to very you are in fact using the same store account on the FireTV?

Can you take a picture and show the unlock screen for me?

Appreciated

• 5 months later...
dirtylilfunker

hi, i have similar issue, installed and paid to unlock on Nvidia Shield. Installed on my firestick in another room, logged into same account and says 'unlock is not purchased' when it is as i can watch freely on my Shield. Can someone help?

Also, if i have someone watching remotely do they have to pay to unlock the app as well? Will anyone that uses my server remotely have to pay to use the app?

Thanks

FrostByte

I don't believe your account on the Google store is the same as the account in the Amazon store.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Yes is about the online store account, so different stores means you pay at each store.  But all devices from specific store are covered with your store account.

And remote users will have to unlock their devices as they are not linked to your specific online store account.

1 hour ago, dirtylilfunker said:

Also, if i have someone watching remotely do they have to pay to unlock the app as well? Will anyone that uses my server remotely have to pay to use the app?

You have to get Emby Premiere for the server is you wish to unlock remote user devices.  Standard Premiere unlocks 25 devices.  But it is about the client as browser connections do not require premiere/unlock mostly but is feature dependent. 

Emby Premiere Feature Matrix : Emby

• Like 3

As Frontbyte and Happy2Play both mentioned this is a different app and different store.
It's no different then a iOS purchase and a Android TV purchase through Google Play store.  Two different stores and two different accounts.

The very best solution is with an Emby Premiere membership which unlocks features plus 25 devices (any). 

• Like 2