strange issue with "next up" channel on Nvidia Shield home screen

NorthDegree

NorthDegree

I am referring to the Nvidia Shield home screen specifically.  I have both Emby Channels selected but for some reason after I use emby and go back to the shield home screen my "next up" list items are all duplicated.  The only fix is go go back into emby and quit then reopen the app.

embyissue.jpg

Hi.  Can you identify the exact situation that causes this?  I've seen it before but not been able to duplicate to know what causes it.

Thanks.

NorthDegree

thanks for the reply,  

it happened every time I watched a TV show but yesterday it did not occur on my shield #1 and only on shield #2.  

I will test it out again today

• 5 months later...
13rennon

Bit of a necro, but I also have this issue. Only happens if I don't finish a show, any show that is partially viewed and would default to resuming does this. 

Edit: Clarification -- Partially viewing any show causes ALL shows in Next Up to duplicate, not just the partially viewed show.

Edited by 13rennon

5 hours ago, 13rennon said:

Bit of a necro, but I also have this issue. Only happens if I don't finish a show, any show that is partially viewed and would default to resuming does this. 

Edit: Clarification -- Partially viewing any show causes ALL shows in Next Up to duplicate, not just the partially viewed show.

Hi there, can you please go over an example? Thanks.

5 hours ago, 13rennon said:

Partially viewing any show causes ALL shows in Next Up to duplicate

Okay, that's interesting information...  However, this functionality is going to be changing with the next server release so we may want to just re-evaluate then.