Playlist Correction Features

negativzeroe

negativzeroe

Something that searches the same library type for things with like names. I've corrected my playlists several times but for some reason some keep getting wrong.

Screenshot_20200920-183110973.jpg

negativzeroe
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

What exactly is the problem?

Voodoo is by Godsmack in this playlist.

Edited by negativzeroe

Happy2Play

So the AlbumArtist for that track is the issue? 

But according to musicbrainz the track is suppose to be Voodoo (assuming I am looking at the correct album, Godsmack track 12), as the track Voodo Reprise is by Artist shown above.  So without actual musicbrainz tagged tracks, when a by name is done you will get results like above.

So correcting the track should fix the playlist, but changing the track name will require a manual fix in the playlist item path.

negativzeroe
29 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

So the AlbumArtist for that track is the issue? 

But according to musicbrainz the track is suppose to be Voodoo (assuming I am looking at the correct album, Godsmack track 12), as the track Voodo Reprise is by Artist shown above.  So without actual musicbrainz tagged tracks, when a by name is done you will get results like above.

So correcting the track should fix the playlist, but changing the track name will require a manual fix in the playlist item path.

That is the thing though. The track for Godsmack is correct. The playlist is looking at an entirely different song. I notice this once in a blue moon so I can't provide any logs as to why it happens because there wouldn't be a feasible way to determine when it happened, but last time I corrected my playlist I used listFix() and spent hours on it so I may have missed a few but it's doubtful, considering at the time I put all artists in alphabetical order. These are .m3u8 files that sit in the root of my music directory that I update.

So basically the request in this example would be, in playlist view, select an option for "correct" or something and it searches for all terms in track, album, artist - and you select the correct one to replace with. Maybe at some point smarter so that it ignores some terms like Reprise.

Happy2Play

8 minutes ago, negativzeroe said:

The track for Godsmack is correct. The playlist is looking at an entirely different song.

I would think we would need to see the actual playlist then as it would have to be point to the wrong track

Edited by Happy2Play

negativzeroe

I mean it just points to the song. I've confirmed that and will correct it, I don't mind that, but I think we were getting sidetracked, I just posted this correctional tool idea under feature requests. :)

Happy2Play

The server does not generate these playlists .m3u8 files correct?  I know I don't have any from Emby.

negativzeroe

Correct. They existed before I used media browser 3. They just point into subdirectories. Emby picks it up and updates it and just adds using the same format.