Emby Theater Proton with no access to network path

Sylas

hey everyone

I just installed Emby Theater Proton on elementaryOS. seems to work just fine so far but I can't play anything since it tries to access the network paths I set for my libraries. However, on this setup I do not have (or rather do not want to) setup the network folders. Is there anyway to configure Emby Theater to not use network paths and just get it over Emby Server?

BTW: over browser access it works perfectly fine.

Thanks for your help and best regards

HI, it doesn't need direct access to network paths. Why do you think this prevents you from playing?

How did you install the app?

hi there

thanks for your help!

well I installed it by downloading the file from here and then apt install -f

and it prevents from playing because when I run emby from console it states that i cannot find the path, i.e. the network path as set in libraries, when i play something

there it is

user@elementary:~$ emby-theater 
(electron) The default value of app.allowRendererProcessReuse is deprecated, it is currently "false".  It will change to be "true" in Electron 9.  For more information please check https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/18397
Initializing cec-client...

{
  cecExePath: 'cec-client',
  cecEmitter: EventEmitter {
    _events: [Object: null prototype] {},
    _eventsCount: 0,
    _maxListeners: undefined
  },
  cecHdmiPort: 'null'
}
UDP Client listening on 0.0.0.0:60291
starting udp receive timer with timeout ms: 1000
cec-client exited with code 1
timer expired 0 servers received
[]
fs access result for path: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, access '\\192.168.0.1\media\TV\Series\Season X\Series - 1x01 - Pilot.mkv'

2 days ago, complete new elementaryOS installation

emby server is up and running for a few years by now

Edited by Sylas

update 2:

so I checked but I do not have a mpv folder in my home folder, only in /etc/

the contents are quite slim after adding the log-file line: 

hwdec=libmpv
log-file=/tmp/mpv.log

however, starting emby and trying to play anything does not generate a log-file. starting mpv over shell itself does, however. in the mean time, I removed the "hwdec" line from the config and tried running

mpv http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_1080p_30fps_normal.mp4 --log-file=/tmp/mpv.log

that works without an error

also i noticed that emby while trying to play something shows the message "plugin couldn't be loaded" (or something like that, mine is in german)

and another thing I've seen in the other post:

user@elementary:~$ ldd /usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1 | grep "not found"
/usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1)
/usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by /usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1)

update: you mean the llog file, coming soon!

ok, so the Armhf one? 

maybe I should have said that I installed on a laptop with intel

Edited by Sylas

so I installed emby theater 3.0.11 instead of 3.0.12 and as long as I dont move the mouse that playback works ... (when I move the mouse and the inferface pops up, the playback gets black until the interface is hidden again)

On 9/21/2020 at 2:16 PM, Sylas said:

update 2:

so I checked but I do not have a mpv folder in my home folder, only in /etc/

the contents are quite slim after adding the log-file line: 

hwdec=libmpv
log-file=/tmp/mpv.log

however, starting emby and trying to play anything does not generate a log-file. starting mpv over shell itself does, however. in the mean time, I removed the "hwdec" line from the config and tried running

mpv http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_1080p_30fps_normal.mp4 --log-file=/tmp/mpv.log

that works without an error

also i noticed that emby while trying to play something shows the message "plugin couldn't be loaded" (or something like that, mine is in german)

and another thing I've seen in the other post:

user@elementary:~$ ldd /usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1 | grep "not found"
/usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1)
/usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by /usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1)

update: you mean the llog file, coming soon!

ok, so the Armhf one? 

maybe I should have said that I installed on a laptop with intel

You need to create the mpv.conf file first to enable the logging, then try to play in the app and you'll get an mpv log.

to be sure i didnt miss anything I added mpv.conf (with content log-file=/tmp/mpv.log) to several folders:

/etc/mpv/
/home/user/
/home/user/mpv/

it doesn't log 

and in case you missed it since you posted pretty much at same time as me before:

so I installed emby theater 3.0.11 instead of 3.0.12 and as long as I dont move the mouse that playback works ... (when I move the mouse and the inferface pops up, the playback gets black until the interface is hidden again)

maybe that helps?

Edited by Sylas