Help with missing episodes

GregMo

Two questions about missing episodes.  First, I have two libraries that I have both configured to display missing episodes.  One of them is, the other is not.  Where do I begin to figure out why the second one isn't?

The next question is, how do I make Emby rescan for missing episodes?  In the one library that is working I corrected file naming so the episodes so as being there, but the stub for the missing episode is also still there.

TIA

Hi,

Are both of these libraries TV Show type libraries and pointed at different media/library paths with no overlap between the two libraries?

FrostByte
38 minutes ago, GregMo said:

The next question is, how do I make Emby rescan for missing episodes?  In the one library that is working I corrected file naming so the episodes so as being there, but the stub for the missing episode is also still there.

TIA

Click the three dot (...) symbol that shows when you hover over an item and choose "Scan library files".  You can rescan at different levels (series, library, all Emby, etc). 

1 hour ago, cayars said:

Hi,

Are both of these libraries TV Show type libraries and pointed at different media/library paths with no overlap between the two libraries?

Yes

54 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Click the three dot (...) symbol that shows when you hover over an item and choose "Scan library files".  You can rescan at different levels (series, library, all Emby, etc). 

So, there's an option to do this at the season level, which I tried.  The season level picks up new episodes but doesn't remove those that are missing.  However, the series level scan seems to work.  Strange.  Might have missed something here so I'll test this more.

Do you have the option "Display missing episodes within seasons" enabled in both libraries?

Try the refresh MISSING metadata without replacing graphics.

Happy2Play

Do your missing episode show "Split Apart" option in Media Info of the epiisode?

11 hours ago, Luke said:

What metadata fetchers are enabled on the library, and in what order?

Thank you, we have a winner!  I played with the settings on one of them trying to fix another issue and forgot all about it.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, GregMo said:

Thank you, we have a winner!  I played with the settings on one of them trying to fix another issue and forgot all about it.

What did you change as this issue comes up quite often?

6 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

What did you change as this issue comes up quite often?

I'd changed the order of the metadata fetchers trying to fix some other issue, only I forget now what that issue was.

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

tvdb has to be enabled and first for this to work.

Yeah, I got that from your last comment.  Thanks again mate!

I should add it to the UI, and/or hide the option altogether when the conditions are not met. Tvdb needs to be enabled. It may work without it being first, but i haven't tested that.

Still I think the future of this option is a little bit in question now if the only provider we can do it with is tvdb.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Luke said:

I should add it to the UI, and/or hide the option altogether when the conditions are not met. Tvdb needs to be enabled. It may work without it being first, but i haven't tested that.

Still I think the future of this option is a little bit in question now if the only provider we can do it with is tvdb.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Don't remove it.  People who are the biggest users of Emby are going to be collectors by nature and this is a vital feature to aid in checking the collection.  I found 3-5 series that were missing 1-2 episodes thanks to this.

Heck, I have one show that was missing the whole final season and didn't realize it till this handy feature.

Edited by GregMo
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

I think as long as requirements are know this feature will not be a issue.  But I guess we don't know how TVDB v4 api paywall with affect all media managers yet.

Edited by Happy2Play

27 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I think as long as requirements are know this feature will not be a issue.  But I guess we don't know how TVDB v4 api paywall with affect all media managers yet.

Well that's lame.  Soon as they 'break' it for the masses someone will setup an alternate free version.  Heck, I've been thinking we need to have this stuff in a distributed torrent based website of some kind or another. After all, they admit that all their content is user generated.  All they are is a hosting provider, for the most part, and hosting fees really aren't that bad these days.

Edited by GregMo

But back to missing episodes, ideas on how to make Emby realize this one isn't missing?  :-)

(Yes, I know that "sample" is a keyword Emby ignores)

MWSnap 2020-09-21, 16_51_22.jpg

Edited by GregMo

Happy2Play

I can see potential options from a plugin standpoint if the option did get removed for the UI/server core.