App won't install on Samsung Q80T (2020 model running Tizen OS)

pclausen

pclausen

So I just picked up a new Samsung TV and after the initial setup to connect to my network. load Prime TV and Netflix, etc, I attempted to install the Emby app, but after about 60 seconds, I got the following error message:

Unable to install.  Please try again later. (Emby: 52)

Any ideas?

Edited by pclausen

pclausen

Went to the online App Store.  However, I found the thread abut installing it via a USB stick.  That worked.  However, since this is a large 85: TV that is recessed wall mounted, I had to get a helper to help me lift it off the wall to get at the USB ports.  Hopefully it will auto update from here on out.

pclausen

Not yet but I'll do that when I get a chance.  I'm also thinking I'll add an extension to one of the USB port in case I need to access it in the future, just as a fall back.

I must say Emby is pretty snappy on the Q80T.  Not quite like my Shield, but pretty impressive.

The TV has ARCe, so am I correct in assuming that I can pass lossless audio from Emby to an external amp?

I would get a USB extension.  For now the USB beta releases are more frequent and current than the store release.  The beta's won't auto update, they will require USB install again.