Playback issues on Recorded TV Emby 1.4.7 (0) and TVOS 14

UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Hello,

We are experiencing playback issues on recorded content using the Apple TV 4k and the MPV player. The media is direct playback and recorded by Emby using and HDHomerun. We experienced the issues for the last two days. We are using  Emby 1.4.7 (0) and TVOS 14. I placed some log files in the following location (OneDrive) along with details of the file type. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfmLnbQksWOhysE7PwqLMPXo24y?e=zcnEcv The playback seems to drop frames or appears "jerky" or not smooth. I played the same file directly using the Windows 10 Emby app and with a browser from Windows 10 with no issues. For reference, the Apple is wired to the router and the Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 is wireless.

Edited by UnderMiner

vdatanet
26 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What happens if you use the native Apple TV player instead?

Yes, If server is powerful enough, recorded Live TV, which is usually interlaced video, causes server transcoding and native player plays very well that content.

UnderMiner

Hello, I switched to the native player and it seems better. The only issue is that my server will use 95% to keep up with transcoding. It is an i5-2500k with 16GB of RAM with a 512GB SSD. It has performed well for years and I do not want to upgrade. Of course skipping commercials was much more responsive in the MPV player and in my limited test, ffmpeg lost sync with the audio but it may be struggling to keep up as I moved throughout the video.

vdatanet
1 minute ago, Luke said:

We're going to have a new tvOS beta soon with an updated mpv build, so please try that once available. Thanks !

Good news! HEVC 4K HDR will be supported?

Edited by vdatanet

UnderMiner

Hello Luke,

Is the new mpv build part of 1.4.8 that is currently in the testing area? I have not yet installed 1.4.8. I could upgrade the server but that's a fair amount of work and expense.

31 minutes ago, UnderMiner said:

Hello Luke,

Is the new mpv build part of 1.4.8 that is currently in the testing area? I have not yet installed 1.4.8. I could upgrade the server but that's a fair amount of work and expense.

No, not yet.