Emby is unable to identify album metadata

zBernie

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

What do you mean doesn't recognize album?  May need server log.

Unzipped and added to music library no additional tagging.  Library default settings Musicbrainz then TheAudioDB.

as-is.thumb.jpg.3f9d7f9c734f528b4759f6de442f962f.jpg

I am not seeing any issue with Musicbrainz 2.4.4 identifying these updated files.

mbz.jpg.59aef4ed16a700ce35e83b68100ec7b8.jpg

Can you provide a link to download the files so I can try them in Emby?

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, zBernie said:

Can you provide a link to download the files so I can try them in Emby?

They are the exact same files from your zip or are you wanting me to process in Picard and re upload?

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

They are the exact same files from your zip or are you wanting me to process in Picard and re upload?

Let me try them again in Emby, they are identified as "Bad Company".  I checked my library settings and it is set to MusicBrainz first then TheAudioDB.  I'm still at a loss why Emby and MB Picard fails to identify them for me.

Happy2Play
On 9/19/2020 at 7:35 PM, zBernie said:

Let me try them again in Emby, they are identified as "Bad Company".  I checked my library settings and it is set to MusicBrainz first then TheAudioDB.  I'm still at a loss why Emby and MB Picard fails to identify them for me.

Here is the media process with Picard.  Let me know when you get them so I can remove the link.

Edited by Happy2Play

14 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I just checked and the album was parsed correctly!  I tried refreshing my browser after rescanning, but it must have taken a bit longer.   The other two Nickle Creek albums you can see are still identified as "Bad Company".  I'll try downloading them and rescanning.   Thanks for your help with this!

Capture.JPG

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, zBernie said:

I just checked and the album was parsed correctly!  I tried refreshing my browser after rescanning, but it must have taken a bit longer.   The other two Nickle Creek albums you can see are still identified as "Bad Company".  I'll try downloading them and rescanning.   Thanks for your help with this!

Capture.JPG

Pretty sure this is a quirk in Emby as the AlbumArtist lookup by name vs actually having the Musicbrainzids embedded.  But it is really hard to say without knowing the current tags, as it always/usually gets resolved with retagging.  Emby can be really finicky and once these issues come up, you basically have to start over removing, verifying tags and re-adding the albums.

PenkethBoy

Yep the new zip files are fine for me - work as H2P noted - and now fine in Mp3Tag

So if you are getting problems your end with the files then not sure what you are doing different

What version of emby server?

what os? and version?

screenshot of folder structure for your music library etc - so we can see how your music is structured

to see if there is anything obvious

have you had any os or hardware issues recently or in the past - which might account for the corruption of files???

On 9/19/2020 at 11:04 PM, Happy2Play said:

nc.thumb.jpg.32395931b764c3bd485b57c80c93ad81.jpg

We still may need to see a server log.

Can I ask you where you got that "Here to There" album?  The only place I can find it for sale is amazon music and it's $295 there!  Is it an import?

-Thanks