Widgets for Android App

sailracer

sailracer

Are there any plans for Android widgets in the next release?  I would like to start using Emby for playing and casting music on my phone now that google play music is being discontinued and the replacement youtube music won't play with the phone screen off (!).  In my limited testing today,  Emby is working for this, but the user experience could be greatly enhanced by a widget or two that would give quick home screen access to playlists and control features.  The UI could also use some improvements- when trying to scroll through a playlist with my right hand I always end up rearranging the song order.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

sailracer

Great!  I'll try to be patient...

One other area for improvement- managing playlist content.  Right now in the app or the web browser, when you remove a song from a playlist it returns you to the top of the playlist.  If you are several hundred songs deep finding where you were again is a scrolling pain.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, themouseran said:

I also would really love a widget. Especially for audio books / music

Hi, a widget to do what exactly?

• 6 months later...
dreadino

Sorry for necroposting, but I have the same request.

Widgets for "continue watching", "continue listening" and "favorites" would cover a good portion of use cases.

I just added audiobooks to my library and I'm trying to switch from Smart AudioBook Player to Emby. While this is a specialized app for audiobooks, a big plus it has over Emby is that you can come back to the book you were listening in 1 click (it opens on the previously opened book). Emby could have this by just showing a widget for "continue listening" that takes us back to the book from the desktop.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dreadino said:

Widgets for "continue watching", "continue listening" and "favorites" would cover a good portion of use cases.

Agreed. These would make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What about a widget that lets you play your Photo libraryfrom your Emby Server. I have a couple of wall mounted tablets - it'd be great to have a little photo widget connected to Emby. There's only a couple of low rated/outdated apps that can play photos on a NAS. Any others require the images to be local on the device. 

• 2 years later...
Micro8Me

Sorry for posting in such an old thread, but I didn't want to make a new thread for the exact same request.

An Android Emby Widget for audio (audio books, music, podcasts, etc) would be so awesome! Just a simple 3x1 widget with a play button and maybe a rewind button would be enough for me.

Are there still plans to implement this?

I use Emby for all of my media now except for podcasts only because my podcast player has a widget. I want to use Emby for everything! :D

• Agree 1