Music Playback By Folder. PLEASE!

MartynB85

MartynB85

Hi

I have recently made the jump from Plex to Emby, both are great but I prefer Emby with the exception of one issue.

My local movies and tv shows are great on Emby, so is the live tv. However I have quite a bit of music tracks that are not very well known artists, I have a small number of folders with 300-ish tracks that are just random artists but of the same genre.

I want to just be able to play my music according to which folder it is stored in, I don't care for metadata. Surely this must be straightforward to implement?

Thank you

PenkethBoy

close but slightly diff is to go to your music library then the folder view at the top

then on your chosen folder - ... menu and add to playlist - then play that

bit more cumbersome but a work around till play from here is added to the ... menu for album foldrs

or go into the folder and choose the play all button at the top

Edited by PenkethBoy

MartynB85

Emby doesn't show the tracks it doesn't 'know', even in folder view.

So I have a folder called Random, it is literally random tracks that I grab from Soundcloud, Basecamp, Youtube etc. I have 304 tracks in there but when I use the folder view in Emby (iOS), it only displays 10 tracks from a single artist.

Edited by MartynB85

PenkethBoy

Probably they are not showing up - because Emby expecta metadata in the files - as a guess you have not looked at this as its just a "dump" for things you are interested in

So as a test - try adding metadata to a few to see if emby can find them after that or its something else going on

If you try searching can you find them in emby as they might have been miss identified if lacking in metadata

Note going forward Music is going to be fully metadata driven - at some point - Luke has mentioned it several times - as an when - no idea - what fully driven will actually mean - again no idea as yet

skidmarks
6 hours ago, MartynB85 said:

Emby doesn't show the tracks it doesn't 'know', even in folder view.

So I have a folder called Random, it is literally random tracks that I grab from Soundcloud, Basecamp, Youtube etc. I have 304 tracks in there but when I use the folder view in Emby (iOS), it only displays 10 tracks from a single artist.

You are going to have to add meta to that folder.    I have a folder, a trash can called Ungrouped Singles (that i may at some point take care of), that has roughly 1500 songs in it.  If all you care about is seeing the songs, my suggestion would be to use mp3tag open that random folder and bulk rename some of the metadata.

Make album artist = Various Artists

Make Album = Random

Number All the tracks!

Capture3.thumb.JPG.d07d9a492b1e6f3166770fa483736dff.JPG

Not what you are looking for in regards to a Feature Request, but emby is going to be really besides itself (as you are finding out) without metadata.