M4A no sound

bobred

Happy2Play

Would we not need a m4b file as that is what the transcode log shows?

"/volume1/Volume_1/Audiobooks/Celtic Mythology_ Tales of Gods, Goddesses, and Heroes/Celtic Mythology_ Tales of Gods, Goddesses, and Heroes--0007.m4b"

@bobred is this a m4a and m4b issue or just m4b?

I has no issues playing the provided m4a file in Firefox, Chrome or New Edge, it direct plays on my system.  I have a couple m4b files and do not see a issue with them transcoding in for Firefox either.  Unless this is a Synology specific issue but wouldn't think so.

Happy2Play

Will have to search the forum but I thought we had a discussion on this as there are different types

my m4b

14:28:40.427   Metadata:
14:28:40.427     major_brand     : isom
14:28:40.427     minor_version   : 512
14:28:40.427     compatible_brands: isomiso2mp41

from OP log

13:33:40.966   Metadata:
13:33:40.966     major_brand     : M4A 
13:33:40.966     minor_version   : 512
13:33:40.966     compatible_brands: isomiso2

Will update when/if I find that discussion.

Happy2Play

@Luke Is this still a future enhancement as your last comment would suggest at the end of this topic discussion?  Also referenced Synology/Firefox.  

Looks like that may only be in reference to Chapters after re-reading.

Edited by Happy2Play

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@Luke Is this still a future enhancement as your last comment would suggest at the end of this topic discussion?  Also referenced Synology/Firefox.

Well audio book features are yes, but in terms of just playing the file, it should be able to play now.

9 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Would we not need a m4b file as that is what the transcode log shows?

"/volume1/Volume_1/Audiobooks/Celtic Mythology_ Tales of Gods, Goddesses, and Heroes/Celtic Mythology_ Tales of Gods, Goddesses, and Heroes--0007.m4b"

@bobred is this a m4a and m4b issue or just m4b?

I has no issues playing the provided m4a file in Firefox, Chrome or New Edge, it direct plays on my system.  I have a couple m4b files and do not see a issue with them transcoding in for Firefox either.  Unless this is a Synology specific issue but wouldn't think so.

This appears to be both.

embyserver(2).txt

Edited by bobred

Hi

It is working now. I tried playing something that I know to play and no sound! Turns out the sound card was set to 5.1 output instead of direct, not by me????

I don't know what was wrong initially as I had sound from Windows Media player for m4a/b and but not Emby, mp3 played on everything.

Thank you all for looking into this though.