Question about unlock app

BillyBob1

BillyBob1

Why am I being ask to pay to unlock my Emby app on my shield tv and fire tv? I have been paying $5 a month for over a year to support the devs and now I have to spend more money to unlock my app that I have already been using. When I access my local server I don't get asked to unlock but when I access my buddies server it wants me to pay to unlock the app. 

Hi,

It sounds like your buddy doesn't have a Premiere license but you do.  Your app will only be unlocked when connected to an Emby server that has a Premiere License.

You can either encourage your buddy to pick up a Premiere License which will cover your apps when connected to him or you would have to unlock the app to get full playback when connected to a NON Premiere Server.  When you buddy connects to your server with an app that isn't unlocked he will piggy-back off your license and it will be unlocked for your server (but not his own).

An app unlock is lifetime, but a Premiere License unlock is only for the server with Premiere and is rolling.  By that I mean it's not limited to 25 total devices but 25 over the course of roughly a week.  If those devices don't connect to your server they fall off your Premiere license count to make room for other devices.

That should be pretty clear but if you have any questions, please let us know.

Carlo

Edited by cayars