Multiple Antennas, Multiple Tuners

richwine4

richwine4

I have two identical Hauppauge tuners, but I want to connect each to a separate antenna. One antenna receives one set of channels, and the other antenna receives an entirely different set of channels. I'm confused about whether it is possible to implement this. Emby sees my tuners, but do I try to associate different guide data to each tuner? I attempted to do that, but my second list of channel mappings is empty.

Hi,

I do this with HDHomeRun Quatro tuners.  I have one antenna pointed at Philadelphia, PA and one pointed at Baltimore, MD.

In Emby I set a guide and set it to only be good for the one tuner. You can do this by unselecting "Enable for all tuner devices" so it's not checked then select only the tuner the guide should be setup with.  Next add another guide with a different postal code for the other location and do the same by unselecting "Enable for all tuner devices" and this time pick the other tuner.

Now each tuner should have the correct guide associated with it.

Give it a try and let us know if you have any issues.

Carlo

richwine4

Thanks, Carlo. I added a guide for Baltimore, making sure to associate it with only the first tuner. When I clicked on channel mappings, the available channels were both Baltimore and Washington combined. I thought maybe I should map only the Baltimore channels to this tuner, so I tried that, but when I added a Washington guide to the second tuner, no channels were available to map at all on this second guide.

My issue could be that I don't really understand channel mapping, or perhaps the problem is related to a WinTV setting that Emby is using. (I set up both tuners in WinTV first so that Emby would see them.)

richwine4

Also, in case this is relevant, after I uncheck the "enable for all tuner devices" box, both tuners appear with "undefined" beneath them, even after I have already associated a guide with one or both of them.

I've not used WinTV in many years.  If you want to download TeamViewer from www.teamviewer.com and install it, just PM me the UserID and passcode that show up on launch.

I'll connect, open a chat so you know I'm connected.  I'll wait for you to respond, then we can go over your setup.  Probably about a 3 minute job. :)

Carlo

It not possible with WinTV but you can do this with NextPVR or just wait there new ver of Emby that dose away with WinTV but it not maybe for a while maybe it will be done by end of the year.

Why not combine the two antennas in one line then add two guide and map them if need be.

Edited by SHSPVR
  • Like 1