Emby Client on Firestick stuck in Live TV Mode

moshmont
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

I had already tried updating with the latest release which supposedly contains the patch, and I had been setting my IP in the Dashboard Network settings when that didn't work (and that did make things work correctly). I had also tried setting the Interface Metric values for the two adapters to make sure the Wifi IP had higher priority but that didn't make any difference. The only thing that seems to make a difference is making sure that the Vbox adapter IP is dynamic. So far, I am not sure of any reason why that adapter needs to be static as long as I am not trying to set up communications with the host.

Edited by moshmont

Just to clarify, you are able to manually set the IP in the Emby Dashboard on your multi-homed machine and Emby works correct?

This issue for you is that it seems like Emby chooses the wrong default NIC correct?

Yes, Emby picks the wrong nic unless I set the virtual nic to dynamic ip address.  I can also set the IP in the Emby Dashboard and that works too.  Since I have set the router to always give this machine the same ip address that should be safe I would think as long as I am on my home network. For now though, I have just set my Vbox nic to dynamic IP address.  I don't start up any virtual machines very often anyway.

Edited by moshmont
  • Like 1

• Solution

Well it's not technically picking the "wrong" NIC as you have multiple, just not the one you want it to select. :)
These types of setup can be a bit tricky as you know.  The best solution for most people would be to use static IPs on your LAN and then setting the IP you want it to use in Emby directly.

This way you control what IP Emby binds to and any virtual NIC changes won't affect your Emby Server.

• Like 1