Emby Client on Firestick stuck in Live TV Mode

moshmont
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

I set an option to go to the last played channel in live tv when opening the app and now there is no way to get back to the normal home screen of the Emby client.  I can't back out to it and none of the settings that I can get to has that option so I can't turn it off.  How do I get back to the normal home screen?

Update:  I figured the Emby client is so easy to uninstall and reinstall that I went ahead and did that and that cleared it up. 🙂   I was hoping anyways, that Emby would install to my added external storage but it does not seem to want to do that.  😞 

I am still curious how one would get out of the TV Mode. 

Edited by moshmont

Hi,

What happens when you click the back button?  And then again?  Can you not back out to the home screen?

Correct.  The home screen flashed for a second and then it went to the last TV show I was watching.  It was like it thought the app was starting up.

I'm not certain which version it was since I just removed and reinstalled yesterday, but it would have been the firestick version and it would have been downloaded no longer ago than early August. 

Edit:  I'm pretty sure it was 1.8.29a, the same thing I replaced it with.

Edited by moshmont

The directions at your link says 'You enter the settings page and turn on the "Debug Options"', but I don't see that option anywhere in the Settings. Is this somewhere else in the app now?

Yep, thanks, I found it.  I just didn't realize you could scroll down to see other options.  🙂

So I set that option and both of the ones I said earlier,  and it took a while but this time it got stuck trying to get into Emby.  I got the spinning circle for quite a while and then it said invalid username and/or password.  No matter what I tried I couldn't log in.  If I manually selected the server and manually entered username and password it just took me back to the screen where it gave me the choice to manually log in, select server, or use connect, or send a log.  I couldn't remember a pin if I created one, so I couldn't use that choice.  So I finally sent a log and re-installed the app again.

I've done that but I am starting to think my problems now are not related to what I first reported.  Now, the firestick client just won't see the server, I can't get past the spinning circle when I click on the Emby app.  I can get into Emby from my Roku's ok.  But even then, Live TV seems to be broken, even when trying to watch from my Windows PC where the server is.  I get playback errors on any channel I try to view. I use xTeVe to handle the m3u files.  This all seems to have started around the time the server updated to 4.5.  Live TV was all working great until just the last few days, now it doesn't work at all.  The server was updated to 4.5 on 9/21.  

Movies and other non-live tv libraries still work but they don't use xTeVe.  They are .strm files that do pull from the same provider as live tv.  Live TV from the same provider does work in other apps.

I've attached a server log file that hopefully helps.

ffmpeg-directstream-8a6d48cb-a60d-4cdd-8b4f-cfa267902776_1.txt

Edited by moshmont

I've attached the embyserver.txt file.  Does that help more?  🙂

And you are correct, no matter where I try to run live tv from I get the playback error.  And I still can't connect from the firestick.

embyserver.txt

Edited by moshmont

Hi.  Did you do this?

16 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Change the name of your Fire Stick to not have any special characters in it.

What did you change it to?  Can we see another app log after that change?

Thanks.

I did (Family Room Fire Stick 4K) but I cannot even get to the point of logging in from the Fire Stick to get a log from it.  As soon as I click the Emby app, I get the never ending spinning circle.  I've cleared cache and data but no change.  I would think that and the live tv playback errors which happens on Roku and on the web app on the server, must be two different problems but could both be linked to version 4.5?

Edited by moshmont

Yes, and it was not helping, but now, for whatever reason, everything is working again.  🤪

I can't find anything that changed but Live TV is now working from all platforms.

I have turned on the debug options in the Firestick client so I'll watch for the issues if they happen again.