Feedback after using Emby for around a year

G0R3Nzh43W42

G0R3Nzh43W42

Hello, I am using Emby actively for around a year now. My whole family uses it.
Recently I started to use the forum, I was always lurking but not active so far besides two feature requests.

First of all, I would like to say that I am really happy with Emby. It's comfortable to use and there wasn't much to explain my family that's not very knowledgeable about stuff like this.
But of course there's still room to improve. I would like to give you my two cents about that.

1. Problem with some actors not being recognized after adding a series or movie.
It is incredibly annoying when I add a new series or movie and not all actors are recognized. Some get a black picture.
chrome_0yTD4PGPhs.thumb.jpg.789afe6d53fc283e2b1c41140fcacbfb.jpg
But they are always regocnized after I right click them and select "update metadata" and "replace all pictures". A people scan or search for new/missing metadata does not help.
An option to update/scan all actors with this problem would be highly accommodating!

2. Chapters for movies. Please give us an option to hide/remove them!
Recently many of my movies started to show chapters (from the video files itself) in the movie descriptions/informationns page and it's really useless and annoying!
chrome_EU9LR1dG5m.thumb.jpg.54dda4f98f4b3c086a30c958b71ea469.jpg

Similar posts: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/87755-chapters-removal/

3. The audiobook pages are pretty much the same as the music pages which really needs some small changes.
It's totally fine for the audiobooks to use the same page as the music page but many "features" and tabs should be removed/changed.
3.1 Audiobooks should only show "albums" (can be renamed to "Audiobooks"), "Artists" and "Genres"  as the rest is really useless. All other tabs can be entirely removed.
3.2 Newest audiobooks should show the "albums"/audiobooks and not the songs/files. No one will play a random chapter/mp3 in the middle of an audiobook.
3.3 Play Random and Fast Mix should be removed entirely. You don't play Audiobooks in a random order.

Other than that I really, really like the UI for audiobooks/music after clicking on the album/audiobook. Props for that!

4. User default settings should be changeable globally!
Changing default settings for display and home should be changeable globally. Everyone in my family uses backgrounds and having to change it every time when creating a new user can be really annoying over the time.

Similar post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53903-set-the-display-settings-for-all-users/

5. Possibility to add a static background picture for the home page for all devices.
I really, really would like to add a background picture on the home page that fits to my Emby for all devices, not just for me via css. Display has the possibility to add a random background picture that changes all the time but I would really like to add a background of my choice.

Similar post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/64852-is-there-any-way-to-set-a-static-background-image-for-home/

6. Add a library header to the library icons (same as for TV Series right now, just with "Library" instead).
I really love CoverArts but with the library pictures it looks inconsistent and bad in my opinion so an option to modify the library icons would be awesome. @ebr

7. Report a bug via Emby.
It would be helpful if Emby could add an option to report a bug while watching an episode/a movie. This way it's easier to keep track if the subtitle is not timed correctly or the video has problems and makes it easier for me to find and fix these problems without needing everyone to tell me x/y does not work correctly.

8. Change avatar and password permissions should be split.
Generally, I create the accounts for my family and give them a password so they don't choose a bad password. I don't want them to change anything there but I am totally fine with them changing their avatars and that's not possible for me right now.

Other than that I really love Emby! :)

Edited by G0R3Nzh43W42

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. For #1, the new Emby Server 4.5 release will handle this and recover much better.

The rest of these are great suggestions. If you have a chance to split them into separate feature request topics that would allow us to more easily track each individual one. Thanks !