Buggy playback when using Gpu transcoding

Joly0
Go to solution Solved by softworkz,

We don't support switching back and forth. When the stable version number catches up, that's when you can switch.

Ok, this is weird. I setup a new container using the linuxserver/emby:beta version, and it works, with and without the new decoder, no problem. In the old version it doesnt work

Btw, just a simple off-topic question, what about emby loosing the thumbnails i upload for folders/moviecollections after a restart? I upload some, set them as primary and as soon as i restart the container, those are gone, same for the official container

Ok, nvm, i forgot to set the licence. Set it and with the old decoder, it still gives black screen, with the new one, it doesnt, works perfectly

7 minutes ago, Joly0 said:

Btw, just a simple off-topic question, what about emby loosing the thumbnails i upload for folders/moviecollections after a restart? I upload some, set them as primary and as soon as i restart the container, those are gone, same for the official container

We'd have to go over a specific example. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Joly0 said:

Ok, nvm, i forgot to set the licence. Set it and with the old decoder, it still gives black screen, with the new one, it doesnt, works perfectly

So the actual issue is solved with the new decoder, right?

Edited by softworkz

19 minutes ago, Luke said:

We'd have to go over a specific example. Thanks.

What do you exactly mean? I have movies in folders in my file-structure, in those folders are movies that belong to each other. In emby those movies get grouped in the folders they are in and as a thumbnail/primary picture they show the primary picture of the first movie thats in the folder. I can change the primary image of the folder, but those changes dont survive a restart

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 3:00 PM, Joly0 said:

What do you exactly mean? I have movies in folders in my file-structure, in those folders are movies that belong to each other. In emby those movies get grouped in the folders they are in and as a thumbnail/primary picture they show the primary picture of the first movie thats in the folder. I can change the primary image of the folder, but those changes dont survive a restart

@Joly0 Please create a new topic that discusses a specific example and provides the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !