Buggy playback when using Gpu transcoding

Joly0
Go to solution Solved by softworkz,

Hey, recently i found out, that some of my Movies in Emby have weird playback issues, like black or green screens or frames repeating them selves back and forth for seconds. I am using Emby on Unraid in a Docker Container and for Gpu transcoding i use a Gtx 1050ti but i tested a 1650 aswell. I even swapped to different slots and Psu´s, but nothing helped so far.

Afaik, that problem started recently. If i disable Gpu transcoding and let my Cpu do the job, everything is running fine, but my Cpu is maxed out, so i prefer to use Gpu transcoding. This problem started recently, but i cant tell exactly when.

If logs are needed, i would prefer to send them privatly, otherwise i am going to blur some of the stuff out.

Hey Luke, thanks for the quick reply.

I tested this on a variety of devices, Pc´s and Laptops running Windows or Linux through different Browsers and on the Mobile Apps, everywhere i had the same problem.

I hope with the attached files its enough information to help me. I had to censor some things like ip and names from the files, i hope thats ok.

Thor_error_Image.png

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-cde0c657-b531-43c5-9455-ff3a51713b4d_1.txt

No, i use the Linuxserver.io Docker Container for emby, which includes all of this. In my docker settings everything is right, my gpu is used, i can see it, it works perfectly on other movies, but certain movies started to bug just recently.

• 2 weeks later...

When you say it started recently - what as changed since?

Can you confirm that you had the exact same video file that has worked before?
(and it was also a transcoding situation, not direct play?)

Ok, recently i switched from a synology nas to an unraid server as my storage solution so the video files were located on the synology nas, but the unraid server always had the emby server docker container running. Now the files are on the unraid server aswell. I updated my unraid server recently to the latest version. And in the mean time some emby updates, other than that, nothing has changed.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, softworkz said:

image.thumb.png.b63a248308be10f04f71bf57f976db01.png

What version is that as I do not see that option in 4.5.0.12, it starts with Enforce Software Decoding not Use Legacy Building.

Happy2Play
Just now, Joly0 said:

But its same for me as it is for @Happy2Play

What is your current server version?  As it would appear you were on 4.4.3.0 and would need the 4.5.0.8 plugin.  If updated to 4.5.0.50 then the option is no longer available in 4.5.0.12 plugin.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 1:42 PM, Joly0 said:

btw my emby server version appears to be 4.5.0.50, so there is no option to enable enable legacy command building

Hi, that's correct. This option doesn't exist in 4.5.X anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

@Joly0 

If you would be willing to try a beta version - today's beta includes a new decoder for testing that might fix this issue. 

It is called NVDEC.Ex and it is disabled by default:

You'd need to enable it and move it to the top.