Folders Showing in Library View

cchese210

cchese210

Hello there, fellow Emby-ers. I'm having an issue where, when browsing my Movies library (both on Android and Web), I'm seeing some folders showing up instead of the individual movies. I've gone up and down through the settings, and I'm not seeing anything, and am at a loss.

I've attached a screenshot. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

image.png.04506fd85ee5d979f0e805c809aa9af2.png

Happy2Play

What is the library content type?  Dashboard-Library

What view it that?

What server version?

What is the content of the Home Alone folder?

cchese210

Happy2Play:

Content tab is Movies. The view is Primary. Server version is 4.4.3.0, running on Windows.

Under the Home Alone folder, as shown by Emby :image.thumb.png.466cf0374229bc943aeda169243d7a63.png

Here's what it looks like when viewing from Windows Explorer:

image.png.1a397ef8837621d0f77235680471f643.png

This is happening with other folders that have multiple files, as well. Home Alone was a quick example.

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, cchese210 said:

Happy2Play:

Content tab is Movies. The view is Primary. Server version is 4.4.3.0, running on Windows.

Under the Home Alone folder, as shown by Emby :image.thumb.png.466cf0374229bc943aeda169243d7a63.png

Here's what it looks like when viewing from Windows Explorer:

image.png.1a397ef8837621d0f77235680471f643.png

This is happening with other folders that have multiple files, as well. Home Alone was a quick example.

Are you positive your library content type is Movies and not Mixed Content type?

cchese210

Now that you mention it, the type is showing as mixed content. When I originally built the library, it was built as Movies. I'll remove and re-build, and update once complete.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Happy2Play

example.thumb.jpg.efdbb2f99100f17e41476658b61f3d41.jpg

Only way I can get a folder is to click the folders tab do to file organization.

1607517470_example2.thumb.jpg.42d3131b228016fcd0b667b23d0ad97e.jpg

Also please show the headers when providing screenshot as that will let us know exactly where you are in the UI.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, cchese210 said:

Now that you mention it, the type is showing as mixed content. When I originally built the library, it was built as Movies. I'll remove and re-build, and update once complete.

Thanks!

Did you by chance use the Server Configuration Backup plugin and restore Emby?  Or delete your database?  If so there is a bug in 4.4.3.0 that is resolved in 4.5+.

cchese210

I used the backup and restore a while ago, when I moved from a Linux to Windows server. I never thought much of it.

Should I need to post again, I'll make sure to include a full shot of the UI. I'm new here, and much appreciate the help!

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, cchese210 said:

I used the backup and restore a while ago, when I moved from a Linux to Windows server. I never thought much of it.

Should I need to post again, I'll make sure to include a full shot of the UI. I'm new here, and much appreciate the help!

No problem as I am just putting the recommendation out there as it really assists in troubleshooting specific issues like this.  You will need to look at all of your libraries to ensure proper content type then.