When will Emby support DSM 7.0

zoroli
Go to solution Solved by nasblack,

When will Emby support DSM7.0?I upgraded to DSM7.0 and can't use Emby anymore. I can't find a way to downgrade to DSM6.3 now.

Edited by zoroli

There is no way to downgrade. As was said in every Synology forum, do not upgrade to DSM7.0 on your main machine...the DSM progress is like this:

The progression of DSM 7 will be PREVIEW -> BETA -> RELEASE CANDIDATE -> PUBLIC, so it's not even a beta release yet.

The only way you have to run Emby is in docker, if you have already upgraded to DSM7.0. The good news is it works fine in docker. The bad news is you will have to migrate to the new install you made in docker.

2 hours ago, kaj said:

There is no way to downgrade. As was said in every Synology forum, do not upgrade to DSM7.0 on your main machine...the DSM progress is like this:

The progression of DSM 7 will be PREVIEW -> BETA -> RELEASE CANDIDATE -> PUBLIC, so it's not even a beta release yet.

The only way you have to run Emby is in docker, if you have already upgraded to DSM7.0. The good news is it works fine in docker. The bad news is you will have to migrate to the new install you made in docker.

When will DSM 7.0 be release? I don't want to run Emby with docker. but thanks for the reply, bro.

Edited by zoroli

3 hours ago, kaj said:

Bro, I've researched ways to downgrade.

1. Get putty ready

2. DSM7.0 opens Telnet and SSH

3. Use puTTY to connect to DSM7, enter the user password, and enter the following command code:

vi /etc.defaults/VERSION

4.Overwrite VERSION content:

majorversion="6"
minorversion="2"
productversion="6.2.3"
buildphase="GM"
buildnumber="25426"
smallfixnumber="0"
builddate="2020/07/01"
buildtime="06:24:39"

5.Reboot the machine

6.Use the Synology Assistant to find the machine

7.Install DSM 6.2.3(At this point, the upgrade will prompt an error, don't worry, because at this point, Telnet port will be opened, and only after this step, can port 23 be opened, repeat point 3, but the user name: root password is: 101-0101)

8.Just install 6.2.3 again. It is recommended not to keep the configuration (the file will not be lost), and DSM7 has been successfully degraded to DSM6.2.3

• 2 months later...
  • Solution
nasblack

If you had Emby, server installed prior to upgrading to Dsm7 beta, then you are in luck. There is a way to start the server, but cannot update server until they fix the issue. 

1. You must SSH to your synology and run the following script : sudo /var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/start-stop-status start

2. Emby Server will start even though showing stopped in DSM. 

3. If you need to reboot your synology, you must SSH again and the script again

I have already tried it and works!!  I am able to connect to my emby server via web browser, mobile, smart TV, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...