Emby w/Google Assistant - "server is not premiere enabled"

dmclennan

dmclennan

Hi,
I am having difficulty connecting Google Assistant with Emby.  Following the "Emby with Google Home" article,  the I believe I've done everything correctly, though Google Assistant keeps returning "It seems your server is not premiere enabled" response.

Earlier today I purchased a monthly subscription for Emby Premiere.  I've entered and verified the premiere key in my server's "Emby Premiere" page.  I've also verified that I can now stream music and videos to my iPhone/iPad (requires premiere subscription).  That confirms that my server has the premiere key and premiere features are enabled.

From the networking side, I've forwarded my router's port 8096 to the Emby server's IP address. I've setup DDNS which resolves to my IP address.  I've entered my DDNS domain in the 'Network External domain' field.  I don't have a custom SSL and I've Enabled automatic port forwarding. Using my iPhone, outside my local WLAN,  I am able to access my Emby server via my DDNS domain name and port 8096.  I've also verified at the router level that packets are being forwarded.  I can navigate menus, play music, etc.  This confirms that all the required networking components are working as described in the setup.

Following "Emby with Google Home" article, I have installed Google Assistant on my iPhone (IOS 13.7).   I've tried linking the "Emby Home" from my iPhone Google Assistant, entering my Emby Connect credentials, comes back with "Try it".  I've also tried to link via the link to Google Assistant in the article.  I've done this a few times, either through Google Assistant on my phone or via the Google's Assistant webpage.  Also unlinked a few times.  Each time I link and "try it", Google returns the server is not premiere enabled.

I'm guessing there are additional ports that need to be forwarded to my server for Google Assistant to work or additional firewall rules on Ubuntu 20.04???

What am I missing?  Any thoughts will be most appreciated!  Thanks in advance,
Don

Update 12 hours later - same behavior, log file attached.

embyserver.txt

Edited by dmclennan
Add log file

dmclennan

After uninstalling, reinstalling Emby,  relinking my Google account w/Emby Connect, etc., etc., etc.,   it now appears that Google Assistant is connecting to my server.  I will continue to experiment with this. I suspect my EmbyConnect account was not properly updated with my account, email, server and premiere license.  Thanks,

Don