Emby on Fire TV Stick

Glin
Go to solution Solved by rbjtech,

Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up Emby on Fire TV stick and have encountered two issues/questions that I am trying to resolve:

1) Despite the fact that I have Emby Premiere (lifetime), the option to unlock the app is available. Shouldn't this option be hidden?

2) On other platforms I connect to the server and then select one of the accounts connected to this server (entering passwords if necessary). Is this not possible on Fire TV stick? I can enter the user name manually but would prefer to select from a list if possible.

Many thanks,

Glin

6 minutes ago, Glin said:

Despite the fact that I have Emby Premiere (lifetime), the option to unlock the app is available. Shouldn't this option be hidden?

You can still unlock the app which will make it not count against your Premiere device limit for playback.

6 minutes ago, Glin said:

On other platforms I connect to the server and then select one of the accounts connected to this server (entering passwords if necessary). Is this not possible on Fire TV stick? I can enter the user name manually but would prefer to select from a list if possible.

This app will behave the exact same way.  Please explain exactly what you are doing and what is happening.  If it is remote to your server, then you will have to enter the server address or use Emby Connect.

Hi ebr,

thanks for your quick reply.

Regarding user selection: I have entered the server address/port manually and am now presented with four options when I start the Emby app on Fire TV stick:

1. Enter User Manually
  2. Login with Connect
  3. Switch Server
  4. Send Logs

All four items are listed in a section called "Other options" but there is nothing else.

By manually entering user names (and passwords if required) I can connect to the server but there is no list of users to choose from. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Glin

• Solution
rbjtech

is there anything different about the FireTV Stick - is it on a different network to the other devices for example ?

There are options to hide the users if emby thinks the connections are external (for security) - which may be set and thus emby is enforcing here ?

Capture.PNG