Some shows will not resume, or fast forward on Shield. But not on tablet.

rb9999

I have seen other posts with some of these issues but doesn't cover everything I see. 

Here is my issue, and it just seems to be happening on one series I have and not seen this problem on other shows yet. I am using a 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro. 

When I play a particular show on the Nvidia and then stop, it always starts back from the beginning. The resume minimum settings are not and issue. Show is 40+ minutes long and I stop halfway through. 

Now...if I view that same show on my android tablet, the resume works fine. If I view on tablet, and stop, then go to that same video on my shield, I see the "resume from xx:xx minutes" message on my playback screen. However, when I attempt to resume, the video starts over from the beginning. 

Also, pressing the fast forward key actually takes you right back to the beginning of the show.  Again, if I view the video on my tablet, resume and fast forward works. 

The video description of the file under more details is:

H264

Profile: high

Level: 31.0

Resolution: 720x304

Aspect: 45:19

Framerate: 25.0

Bitrate: 539 kbps

Bit depth: 8 bit

Refframes: 1

Edited by rb9999
mistyped

From MediaInfo:

Matroska: 174 MiB, 45 min 2s

1 video stream: AVC

1 audio stream: AAC LC

First Video Stream: English 720*304 (2.35:1), at 25.000 FPS, AVC (High@L3.1) (CABAC / 5 Ref Frames)

First Audio Stream: English 44.1 kHz, 2 channels, AAC LC

OK.  I installed it. Now this version on my tablet is having the same issue. I guess that is what you were trying to determine.  Now how do I undo and downgrade?  Do I need to do a full uninstall/reinstall?

On 9/10/2020 at 9:35 PM, rb9999 said:

The video I am trying to play is an mkv. 

Hi, can you provide a screen shot of the meta data for that file?  You can find it on the detail screen in a web browser.at the bottom of the page.

Thanks