Pause Icon from Forums

GregMo

Really weird off the wall question but is anyone else getting this pause icon in Chrome from these forums?  I've never seen this on any other site and when I click on the tab it goes away.  Just curious if it's a notification of something that I should be checking into.

MWSnap 2020-09-10, 06_00_20.jpg

1 hour ago, GregMo said:

Really weird off the wall question but is anyone else getting this pause icon in Chrome from these forums?  I've never seen this on any other site and when I click on the tab it goes away.  Just curious if it's a notification of something that I should be checking into.

MWSnap 2020-09-10, 06_00_20.jpg

1 hour ago, neik said:

Seeing that as well on some tabs, not quite sure why it appears in the first place.

50 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Yes. Seems harmless though. 

Let me know if you still seeing that.

1 minute ago, Sammy said:

Still there..

If it's producing audio it is paused by default and started without user input.

It isn't paused (you wouldn't get a pause button for audio already paused) but, whether or not you can actually hear it is another issue.  It is the forum notification system causing this.

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

Still there..

If it's producing audio it is paused by default and started without user input.

Hi all,

This have nothing to do with "audio", I disable the poll live notification for the forum, and that what case the icon you all see, simply clean all your browser cache, then test again.

If you still see some sort of audio icon, then it not from us.

My best

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, Abobader said:

This have nothing to do with "audio", I disable the poll live notification for the forum, and that what case the icon you all see, simply clean all your browser cache, then test again.

Would that be why I had to refresh my browser instead of it atomically updating to get notifications today.

PenkethBoy

for me - the pause icon appears after you have the tab open for more than 15 minutes it pauses the update of notifications etc

nothing to do with audio

• Like 1

As I already said, it not about "audio" :)

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Would that be why I had to refresh my browser instead of it atomically updating to get notifications today.

hmm, it should not, but since I am very busy with other issue, I just enable it back for now.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Abobader said:

As I already said, it not about "audio" :)

hmm, it should not, but since I am very busy with other issue, I just enable it back for now.

As I just go update notification pop up on your quote as I have not gotten on others today, But this is tied to audio notifications.  The ding your system does when you get notification.

Edited by Happy2Play

I'm not hearing any noises here, and not sure why I would be, but I'm still getting the icon.  It doesn't bother me, was just curious about it.

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, GregMo said:

I'm not hearing any noises here, and not sure why I would be, but I'm still getting the icon.  It doesn't bother me, was just curious about it.

Have you checked your notification setting?  Account settings-Notification setting on right

Notification preferences

• Show popup window when I receive a new personal message
  • Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community
  • Play a sound when I receive a notification

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Have you checked your notification setting?  Account settings-Notification setting on right

Yeah, I guess that's what it is.  I turned it off but now that I am thinking about, I think I'll turn it on again, lol