Two questions about Emby Server....

neutronJK

neutronJK

1. I am running Emby server 4.4.3.0 on Ubuntu server 20.04.1.  It is running very well, but I have noticed one odd random behavior.  At the very end of some MP4 video files (they are British programs, if that makes any difference), it reaches the end of the program, then seems to randomly skip back to the middle of the file and continues to play.  And the timer begins to display negative numbers.  I have only noticed this when viewing from the Roku app (but then I do about 99% of my viewing from the Roku). 
2. While perusing the Emby server log, I see hundreds of errors that say something like:

2020-09-09 03:35:49.045 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/6635 /all/en.zip
2020-09-09 03:35:49.152 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.4.3.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Unix 5.4.0.45
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: UnprocessableEntity
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, String saveAsMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.EnsureSeriesInfo(Dictionary`2 seriesProviderIds, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(SeriesInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Any idea what might be causing the behavior described in point 1 above or the errors shown in number 2?

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, neutronJK said:

2. While perusing the Emby server log, I see hundreds of errors that say something like:

2020-09-09 03:35:49.045 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/6635 /all/en.zip

This shows a faulty TVDB id as there is a trailing space in the id.  Do you have nfo files in the series folder?  Does only Emby get your metadata?

But at the same time "6635" is a bad id altogether.

12 minutes ago, neutronJK said:

1. I am running Emby server 4.4.3.0 on Ubuntu server 20.04.1.  It is running very well, but I have noticed one odd random behavior.  At the very end of some MP4 video files (they are British programs, if that makes any difference), it reaches the end of the program, then seems to randomly skip back to the middle of the file and continues to play.  And the timer begins to display negative numbers.  I have only noticed this when viewing from the Roku app (but then I do about 99% of my viewing from the Roku). 

We would need to go over as specific example with server and ffmpeg log if present.

Edited by Happy2Play

neutronJK

Last night, at around 9:30, I watched a program called "The War on Plastic" and when it ended, Emby skipped back to the middle and continued playing it.  When it does this, the time indication displays as a negative number.  Just a word about this program, this was something I had already transcoded using Handbrake prior to uploading to Emby.  I transcoded it from 50fps to 30fps and left the resolution unchanged at 720p.  Still, in looking at the ffmpeg log it seems that Emby transcoded it as well on the fly.  I am confused as to why it wouldn't have just direct played it?   I am attaching the logs.  Again, I watched this using the Roku app on my Roku tv.

embyserver-63735292799.txt ffmpeg-transcode-5f7d9899-779d-48bf-9490-48e568612c2b_1.txt

"AverageFrameRate":29.700094,"RealFrameRate":150

TranscodeReasons=VideoFramerateNotSupported

Something seems goofy with that file. You might want to run it through mkclean to see if the header just needs adjustment. The Roku reads the header to determine format detection. If the header has problems in any way this will affect how the Roku interprets that file.

Edited by speechles

• 1 month later...

Hi @neutronJK

Are you still seeing this with Emby Server 4.5.2?