Android TV Connectivity Problems

tmelnik`

tmelnik`

I purchased an unlock for EMBY for Android through ATT Android TV.  The App worked fine for a few days and can no longer connect to my Emby server, even if I enter the IP address manually.  The problem is if I use EMBY on my Samsung TV or on my computer or through my phone I am able to connect.  There is WiFi connectivity otherwise the ATT app would not work. Is there a place i can look to see why it is not connecting?  Apparently there are two EMBY apps on the Google Play, one called Emby and the other called Emby TV.  The Emby app seems to work but the Emby TV does not.

vdatanet
10 hours ago, tmelnik` said:

The Emby app seems to work but the Emby TV does not

This is a symptom that your device is an Android, not an Android TV. Which unlock did you purchase Android or Android TV?

vdatanet

In this forum there are several cases of users who have been confused and have not installed the correct application.

In my opinion, non-Android TV devices shouldn't have Android TV app available, only the mobile app.

Thank you for your responses.  The ATT TV device is Android TV box and allowed me to purchase EMBY through their app portal. The logo is just EMBY.  Either way it did function for a while but now it cannot connect to my server either automatically or manually. To be honest I cannot find what the difference between EMBY and EMBY TV which are both available on Google Play. To answer your question, I think it is merely EMBY not EMBY TV that I unlocked.  I say this because there is no TV in the logo.

vdatanet
34 minutes ago, tmelnik` said:

Thank you for your responses.  The ATT TV device is Android TV box and allowed me to purchase EMBY through their app portal. The logo is just EMBY.  Either way it did function for a while but now it cannot connect to my server either automatically or manually. To be honest I cannot find what the difference between EMBY and EMBY TV which are both available on Google Play. To answer your question, I think it is merely EMBY not EMBY TV that I unlocked.  I say this because there is no TV in the logo.

What's your device?

1 hour ago, tmelnik` said:

and allowed me to purchase EMBY through their app portal.

If the exact app "Emby for Android TV" did not show up on the device store, then that is because this box is not compatible with that app.

3 hours ago, vdatanet said:

In my opinion, non-Android TV devices shouldn't have Android TV app available, only the mobile app.

That would be nice but that restriction doesn't exist in the Google system (unless we specified every single specific device).

• Like 1

Okay, that is the TV app.  You said that it did work fine for a while but now "cannot connect to your server".  What, exactly, are you doing and exactly what happens (what messages, etc.)?

Thanks.

I click on the app.  I get the spinning arrow and then it says unable to connect to the server. The screen then shows the configured server as an icon with an option to connect manually (which also won't work) and an option to connect using a URL with a key.  Normally when I click the app it should connect to to my home server which is on the same LAN. Perhaps this helps.  I would say there is something wrong in the network, but EMBY works on other devices connected through ethernet or WiFi.

20200910_105839.jpg

20200910_105928.jpg

Hi.  On the dashboard of that server, is the LAN IP address correct?  If not, can you adjust the settings to make it so.